Angling Trust Forum

Elton

The Angling Trust tell us that they want to find out what's going on at a grass roots level, but at the same time they seem to be scared of the views of grass roots fishermen. Why is that I wonder?

Because they aren't interested in what grass roots anglers want. Only what a handful of their own hierarchy want - or what anyone who offers funding, wants.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having had a scan through this thread, one of the biggest on the site, it would seem that the Angling Trust (AT) are in deep trouble and that the Recreational Sea Anglers (RSA) who joined are sitting on the fringe of a failing organisation, that to be honest has always been a fresh water supporter. One only has to look at the who’s who to see that, and then couple this to those in governments both before and now after the election and the RSA is now reliant on the few that might get on to the local IFCA’s Clearly the comments by the majority of you here show sufficient concern but rather than just bleating why not get your self organised and create a new RSA body one that will do what RSAs want and so desperately need.

Publication2_zpsthmtka6c.jpg

Having had a scan through this thread, one of the biggest on the site, it would seem that the Angling Trust (AT) are in deep trouble and that the Recreational Sea Anglers (RSA) who joined are sitting on the fringe of a failing organisation, that to be honest has always been a fresh water supporter. One only has to look at the who’s who to see that, and then couple this to those in governments both before and now after the election and the RSA is now reliant on the few that might get on to the local IFCA’s Clearly the comments by the majority of you here show sufficient concern but rather than just bleating why not get your self organised and create a new RSA body one that will do what RSAs want and so desperately need.

As a freshwater supporter, I certainly agree that the AT are stuck between a rock and hard place at the moment. The RSA obviously have their issues to air, as do I, and I don't see an easy resolution to either of those disputes. All I can think to do is dig in and tell the powers to be to f**k off whenever possible. I've certainly got no desire to create yet another layer of incompetent bureaucracy to deal with it. As far as I'm concerned the existing body should reform and perform.

never try and teach a pig to sing .... it wastes your time and it annoys the pig

They need to do a bit more than reform. A grovelling apology might be the first with regards to their getting it wrong with the eel crap that they deviously worked out with the e a. At the very least they were party to fast tracking a take ban without even consulting their few members. Stabbed in the back, how do you reform that. As for trying to drag a successful multi million pound org (rsa) into poiltics i agree their imcompetance is difficult to comprehend. Their involvement in the mcz multi million pound waste of space, yes the a t certainly leave a lot to desire. Not forgetting the link with regards to restrictions imposed on the rsa at christchurch harbour. Yes they have been active, however, i can't name one positive, should they just go away and impose their self imposed governance on someone else.

As regards to their 'working with the powers' for the rsa's interests, all they have done is move the rsa's position backwards. How about renaming it, restrictions 'r' us.

It's not only the rsa, looking at their forum, yet again, it's now the turn of the pike anglers to re-concider if they made the right decision in joining the trust for lack of busters.

And here is their mantra that they live and die by. * Continue to support our members where possible to fight against local bans (e.g. Cusworth Park Lake, Fishermen's Beach, Torquay Harbour, Draycote Reservoir, Foremark Reservoir etc.).

Torquay harbour, no one fishies that in any event save for the mulleteirs on their annual holidays.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

It seems as thought the peasants are revolting at the moment.

The last few days posts are rather critical of the AT!

Regarding the livebaiting thread http://anglingtrust.forumotion.net/what-sh...-trust-t128.htm, his Majesty Heylin presented a reply including the paragraph....

The question of moving fish between waters is, in the view of the Angling Trust, adequately dealt with by current legislation in England and Wales. Whilst it is acknowledged that a small minority of anglers who use live baits may contravene this legislation, we do not believe this is justification for an outright ban. This issue should be dealt with by greater enforcement of the current law. Indeed there are far more significant sources of illegal fish movements such as:

Now just imagine if they'd used a similar argument against fish theft and had issued this statement:

The question of stealing coarse fish is, in the view of the Angling Trust, adequately dealt with by current legislation in England and Wales. Whilst it is acknowledged that a small minority of anglers may contravene this legislation, we do not believe this is justification for an outright ban. This issue should be dealt with by greater enforcement of the current law. Indeed there are far more significant sources of illegal fish theft such as:

No letters of praise for our governing body from the specimen hunters and matchmen this time.....in fact quite the reverse, read staunch (ex?) AT supporter, John Hepworth's comments in "Angling Trust AGM" http://anglingtrust.forumotion.net/open-de...st-agm-t115.htm and "Angling Trust Fact Sheets" posts! http://anglingtrust.forumotion.net/open-de...sheets-t129.htm

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

A very good point Worms, nice one. Legislation for legislations sake. So the reason why A T went down the road of extra legislation was to assist the powers to be to develope yet another layer of do's and don't to keep the paper shufflers in the lifestyle that they crave for at every ones expence. Yup i could relate to that.

Mr Hepworth must have had a belated i've seen the light moment then. Is he following in the foot steps of the magnifcent, errr, how many is it down to now.

Fact sheets, whats all that about, do they down load them and take 'em on to the river bank as an essential part of the kit. Along with the rule book and the A T's mantra, How sad. Rather use isal council supplied me. :lol:

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

A very good point Worms, nice one. Legislation for legislations sake. So the reason why A T went down the road of extra legislation was to assist the powers to be to develope yet another layer of do's and don't to keep the paper shufflers in the lifestyle that they crave for at every ones expence. Yup i could relate to that.

Mr Hepworth must have had a belated i've seen the light moment then. Is he following in the foot steps of the magnifcent, errr, how many is it down to now.

Fact sheets, whats all that about, do they down load them and take 'em on to the river bank as an essential part of the kit. Along with the rule book and the A T's mantra, How sad. Rather use isal council supplied me. :lol:

I have read most of the posts on this thread with interest, and, not being a sea angler, initially assumed that the "RSA" title related to an organisation dedicated to fighting the corner of the sea angler. Having looked a little closer, it seems that it is just a catch all title for sea anglers, without a central voice. Rather than attacking your percieved enemies on here, spending many hours writing letters and e mails that are obviously having little impact, apart form providing amusement for the likes of me, why not get organised and do something about it?

I have read most of the posts on this thread with interest, and, not being a sea angler, initially assumed that the "RSA" title related to an organisation dedicated to fighting the corner of the sea angler. Having looked a little closer, it seems that it is just a catch all title for sea anglers, without a central voice. Rather than attacking your percieved enemies on here, spending many hours writing letters and e mails that are obviously having little impact, apart form providing amusement for the likes of me, why not get organised and do something about it?

And do what? The only fight as you put it are the un-elected governance org to the rsa (A T) and the government who wish to offer restrictions to the rsa who are quite sucessfull. The A T have clearly demonstrated that they are the government's puppy, so again, your words, who do the rsa need to fight? At the moment the A T are working with all promoting the idea that areas of our seas are to be restricted as the way forward, i don't, check out lundy as evidence. So i am totally against the idea.

The only hope to cut this waste of taxpayers money for little reward is that this new administration will see it for what it is and withdraw funding for these quangos.

The A T themselves are on the backfoot with regards to members they have already won, now they appear to be loosing them, carp'os against otters, pikers against live bait bans. Rsa, certainly against the worthless eel ban. They don't need fighting as it appears the damage is being done within.

You can join the real rsa web site if you want, shall i give you the link? Same as Anglers Net, it's not a Secular Web site and you don't need to pay to join.

Make no mistake if the likes of the rsa don't do what they are doing, both the A T and the government would have thier claws into the sport a lot more than it does now.

The assumption was that the A T would rep the rsa, all they have demonstrated to date is restrictions, to suit there secular ideals, again as far as i'm concerned i shall keep on keeping on.

Where do you get the idea of percieved enemy from. For a fact i'm certainly aware who and what is good for the rsa. There is enough evidence of that, as demonstrated within the last year.

Welcome btw, glad you find it entertaining. Thats got to be worth something at least. Fab topic this, look at the amount of respondants and the hit's it's received, that must count for something as well.

Edited by barry luxton

Rather than attacking your percieved enemies on here, spending many hours writing letters and e mails that are obviously having little impact, apart form providing amusement for the likes of me, why not get organised and do something about it?

I don't really agree with you there John.

I am certainly spending many hours lobbying the Environment Agency, press, MP's, Angling Trust etc about my grievances, as evidenced by attached letter in todays Eastern Daily Press.

No doubt I shall have great fun duelling through the media over any responses that are received from intolerant landowners and angling groups.

But I view posting on AN a little differently. For a start the internet allows instant feedback, which can be very useful in gauging grass roots opinion. Sure, it can be a bit stressful sometimes, especially when you raise a controversial subject. But it also allows you to instantly present a different point of view to a diverse range of anglers. Because AN is an open forum, contributors are by necessity compelled to adopt a moderate stance.

In my experience that is not the case with the AT. They are a closed shop organisation which is riddled with vested interest groups and militant, intolerant extremists. They're not interested in finding a just, fair solution to a particular problem, only to pandering to those sections of the angling community that make the most noise.

I find that Anglers Net provides a very useful release valve for letting off a bit of steam, and also enables me to present my views to a wider angling audience quickly and easily.

Edited by andy_youngs

never try and teach a pig to sing .... it wastes your time and it annoys the pig

• 2 weeks later...
I don't really agree with you there John.

In my experience that is not the case with the AT. They are a closed shop organisation which is riddled with vested interest groups and militant, intolerant extremists. They're not interested in finding a just, fair solution to a particular problem, only to pandering to those sections of the angling community that make the most noise.

I find that Anglers Net provides a very useful release valve for letting off a bit of steam, and also enables me to present my views to a wider angling audience quickly and easily.

Too right andy, and that is the reason why i have nicked this quote below from their 'private' public forum and pasted it over here. i hope you don't mind ......... however the question remains how the trust managed the mechanics of discussing the banning of the eel, hidden from the rsa and this link is too strong to ignore. Keith Arthur, if you are reading this, all alone am i, mr macpherson, don't know what i'm talking about? Might just link it into the internet email for your ease, only with the writers approval.

Quote:

Openness, honesty and transparency are most definitely not virtues that I would, today, associate with any of it's leading lights, and the apparent lack of engagement with 'grass roots' anglers on here is of no surprise to me whatsoever.

PS. I'm surprised that Mike Heylin hasn't mentioned the fact that all of the AT Marine Committee meetings this year have been held at the BAA offices in Edgbaston. Meetings that he attended.

Whether the AT paid for BAA's hospitality, or how much, I couldn't tell you, but in response to an earlier question (unanswered) I assumed that BAA are AT members.

Edited by barry luxton