Angling Trust Forum

Elton

It seems that the vast majority of recent posts have been decidedly anti-trust with even previous stalwarts now realising what a shower of **** they've joined!

The self elected rulers of angling don't even have the courtesy to respond even after having promised to :schmoll:

Edited by Worms

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems that the vast majority of recent posts have been decidedly anti-trust with even previous stalwarts now realising what a shower of **** they've joined!

The self elected rulers of angling don't even have the courtesy to respond even after having promised to :schmoll:

Pretty powerful stuff being posted all negative, nothing at all being posted about angling, i feel sorry for the guys who joined expecting great things, however even they are coming to terms with just what they have signed up for. An example is of someone who's has seen the light, there is more. Am i gloating, yes, it could have and should have been a lot different, however, arrogance breeds contempt, and that is what the trust has shown to the punters, it appears to think that by grabbing at headlines it's in a position of doing something, as Steve has said, smoke and mirrors.

quote:

................................................................................

................................................................................

............... with the AT it just went into a big black hole.

I had enough of a problem trying to convince the unconvinced when I still believed. I no longer have the belief, time or energy.

And another.

quote:

I have spent a lot of time trying to convince predator anglers that the AT deserves their support - in the face of ridicule at times - as I hoped it would be everything it could. I'm no longer bothering. The AT is proving to be all I feared it might.

I doubt I'll be posting on here much longer - my AT subs are due next month...

ohh i do like this one, even i have used this previously elsewhere:

Quote:

Meanwhile "Rome burns"

Hello! Hello! Is there anybody from the AT out there???

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Just had my latest 'Update' e-mail from the AT. As usual there's nothing at all about sea angling on it among the 10 headlines. But there was this!

"Angling Trust to Call for Ban of Eel Fishing

Now that all anglers must release any freshwater eels they catch, the Angling Trust intends to respond to the current consultation on eel bye laws by demanding that all commercial eel fishing should cease. Given how little we know about the lifecycle of the eel, its dramatic decline in numbers and its importance to the aquatic ecosystem, we can’t see how commercial exploitation can be justified any longer."

That's not the AT, that's the WWF useing the AT for thier own agenda.

I fish to live and live to fish.

• 1 month later...

I heard recently that the Angling Trust forum is closing down, which seems a shame. There's a statement to that effect on it - http://anglingtrust.forumotion.net/index.htm

However, new posts do seem to be going up.

Either way, worth a read now, before it vanishes :(

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I heard recently that the Angling Trust forum is closing down, which seems a shame. There's a statement to that effect on it - http://anglingtrust.forumotion.net/index.htm

However, new posts do seem to be going up.

Either way, worth a read now, before it vanishes :(

Yes, it seems they are doing what the NFSA did when it started to take flack on it's own forum. Stick their fingers in their ears and close it down. 'The voice of angling'. Mmmm.

Anyway, before it disappears altogether, I'd like to immortalise these words from the one and only, the inimitable, Reg Phillips. Let's hear it for Reg. :clap2::clap3::clap3::clap3:

I stopped posting so much on the forum because the anti AT sea anglers lost their fight to destroy angling unity from inside, this would not have been possible if we had no support from our freshwater brothers so THANKS GUYS

Remember your words, Reg, so that when the Angling Trust destroys itself from the inside, you won't be able to blame anyone else for it's downfall.

Edited by Steve Coppolo

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

nicked this post from over there as it appears to be an apt epitaph to the trust and not just it's failed forum.

quote:

I still believe that Angling Unity is desperately required and has been for many, many years. I applauded to formation of the ATr (but with misgivings about the future of the ACA getting into bed with the NFA). I have invested a great deal of time and effort into trying to get people to join. The Syndicate I co-run offers a package for AT members, which makes membership cost neutral. We still can’t get the majority to join. The overwhelming reason is the lack of a clear message and leadership and a perceived lack of relevance to their angling. It is at present like flogging a dead horse.

Political organisations need, above all, clear policies, campaigns and aims, with spokesmen who have good communication and debating skills. What we seem to have got is a low-key, admin based organisation with little appetite for the rough and tumble of politics. (Perfect for the ACA legal side, hopeless for’ The Voice of Angling’!)

As I said earlier, closing the forum is a bizarre decision. I have seen nothing in the forum that is overly aggressive, I agree with Michael, it is absurd to firstly claim that nobody is using it (true but why?) then to claim that is so vast that they couldn’t possibly be expected to trawl through the huge amount of posts!

I’ve lost all expectation and trust in the current management of the Trust. I don’t know if it’s the board or the executive but this is going nowhere at present. So forgive me if I decline the opportunity to organise any meetings. There are almost as many people browsing the forum as I write this than attend most meetings anyway, so to close it down, unbelievable.

Enjoyed your ‘company’ gents.

Signing off with sadness rather than anger,

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

And finally

Can't see this topic making 25000 hits as the trust have removed all trace of the forum ever been or on their web site, (that was fast work of them) the only reference of existance is on google, so for the last time i will post something reffering to the trusts forum in case you wish to reminisce.

http://www.anglingtrust.net/show-message.a...=page-not-found

:bye1::bye1:

Angling trust

the voice of angling

Edited by barry luxton

So the fish fascists, cant take critisisms from their own members.

Rather than take on their concerns, they remove the medium that is used to convey them.

Very democratic.

It rather reinforces some peoples views of them, as a secretive organization, with hidden agendas.