Angling Trust Forum

Elton

Personally i've bitten the bullet, on another forum i have decided to offer the trust five years membeship fees up front. The only caveat from my point of veiw is sight of their sea committee meeting minutes where they discussed the eel take ban, fair swop that one. Anyone got a copy. B)

The sea committee meeting minutes which you refer to should be public information anyway, same as the meeting minutes of the Wensum Fisheries Action Plan Group. You have evidently paid the AT to provide you with information which you were already entitled to - next time, I suggest you put a freedom of information request in.

I'm not in the least bit surprised that the Trust don't wish to deal with my complaints. As far as I'm concerned they're misleading people by selling membership on the grounds that the money will be used to prevent 'illegal' canoeing in accordance with their published policy. They are in fact cynically deceiving people in order to boost their membership.

I don't know whether other anglers out there really care when they're being lied to. I know I do. That's why I won't be joining the AT until such time as my concerns have been properly addressed.

In the meantime, it appears that Mark Lloyd is too busy to deal with it ......

never try and teach a pig to sing .... it wastes your time and it annoys the pig

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The sea committee meeting minutes which you refer to should be public information anyway, same as the meeting minutes of the Wensum Fisheries Action Plan Group. You have evidently paid the AT to provide you with information which you were already entitled to - next time, I suggest you put a freedom of information request in.

I'm not in the least bit surprised that the Trust don't wish to deal with my complaints. As far as I'm concerned they're misleading people by selling membership on the grounds that the money will be used to prevent 'illegal' canoeing in accordance with their published policy. They are in fact cynically deceiving people in order to boost their membership.

I don't know whether other anglers out there really care when they're being lied to. I know I do. That's why I won't be joining the AT until such time as my concerns have been properly addressed.

In the meantime, it appears that Mark Lloyd is too busy to deal with it ......

Freedom of information act has been tried, there not bound by the act, apperently. Same as you i'm not a member, so i can't ask, i can but i know what the reply will be, so again to try and demonstrate the trust acts with openess and transparency i would like to see those minutes.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Freedom of information act has been tried, there not bound by the act, apperently. Same as you i'm not a member, so i can't ask, i can but i know what the reply will be, so again to try and demonstrate the trust acts with openess and transparency i would like to see those minutes.

Barry, do you actually believe those minutes exist? Do you really think that the eel ban was discussed at marine committee level?

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

Barry, do you actually believe those minutes exist? Do you really think that the eel ban was discussed at marine committee level?

No i don't however the trust at that time stated on their web site that they had indeed discussed the eel take ban within their sea committee, so for openess and transparencey they either come up with the goods, state exactly what happend at that time re the ban. I have a fair idea, what happend but unless there is something to back it up it would be classed as hearsay and that i don't do.

The ball is in the trusts court to put up or come clean, i want an answer, so i will continue to ask the question until i do. Might have a word with someone who actually loves to hear a bit of intrigue of this nature as he works for a well known national newspaper. I think i will draft a hard copy letter and post it off to the trust as their decision has had an effect on the sport, i wish know why they took the action they did.

Can't find your number Steve, email it to me and i will give you a ring if you don't mind. regards. :)

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Freedom of information act has been tried, there not bound by the act, apperently

Don't believe you, I've just put the following request in (I'll let you know the response in due course)

Andy

To: data.access@justice.gsi.gov.uk

Sent: Tuesday, October 05, 2010 10:04 PM

Subject: Freedom of Information Request; River Wensum & Weymouth Harbour

Dear Sir,

I would like to make a freedom of information request regarding the following documents :

Meeting minutes of the Wensum Fisheries Action Plan Group, complete history please. Information available care of Mr Roy Church (Chairman of the goup and also Vice President of the Norfolk Anglers Conservation Association), Norwich, Norfolk, PO Box 61, NR17 2AL

Meeting minutes of the Christchurch (Weymouth Harbour) Sea Committee, complete history please. Information request on behalf of citizens, Mr B Luxton, and Mr S Coppelo. Requisit information available from Mr R Allen, Chair of the Weymouth harbour committee 13 Custom House Quay,Weymouth, Dorset DT4 8BG.

Many thanks,

Andrew Youngs

never try and teach a pig to sing .... it wastes your time and it annoys the pig

Don't believe you, I've just put the following request in (I'll let you know the response in due course)

Andy

I have it on good authority that a freelance journalist was told that by the trust within the last fortnight and your request under the freedom of information act regarding the committee minute information is the second one in as many days. Apparently. B)

Good luck with it

Andy

Andrew, I ‘am the chap that Barry is referring to with regard getting information from the AT under the freedom of information act.

I can assure you that the Angling Trust claim that they are not bound to give the information as they are not a government body. This was the response that I got while trying to get information with regard the Eel take ban.

My editor is having the situation looked at before we make any further approach none the less it would be interesting to know how you get on.

Publication2_zpsthmtka6c.jpg

Andrew, I ‘am the chap that Barry is referring to with regard getting information from the AT under the freedom of information act.

I can assure you that the Angling Trust claim that they are not bound to give the information as they are not a government body. This was the response that I got while trying to get information with regard the Eel take ban.

My editor is having the situation looked at before we make any further approach none the less it would be interesting to know how you get on.

Maybe not a government body, exactly, but what about National Governing Body?

Don't drink and drive.

Andrew, I ‘am the chap that Barry is referring to with regard getting information from the AT under the freedom of information act

I've had a reply from the Ministry of Justice. It appears that they don't hold the records which we are seeking, and I have therefore been directed elswhere.

'Elsewhere' for me means the Environment Agency. In this way I feel pretty sure that I can get visibilty of the bits relating to my dispute on the Wensum.

Your dispute down in Weymouth however is a different matter. I'm sure that the issues which people are upset about could and should have been discussed between the harbour authority and the EA, and that the EA could and should have records of the minutes. If that is the case then we are entitled to visibility of it.

Good luck back at ya barry ...

Edited by andy_youngs

'Elsewhere' for me means the Environment Agency. In this way I feel pretty sure that I can get visibilty of the bits relating to my dispute on the Wensum.

So, the EA should be able to throw a bit of light on the extent of the assistamnce they got from the Angling Trust in banning anglers from taking eels, while commercial fishing for them continues. There ought to be records of who said what, who gave what recommendations, etc. That should reveal whether any AT committees were involved, or not.

Don't drink and drive.