Condensation In The Loft

Elton

I've just been up in my loft and noticed a few patches where condensation appears to have dripped onto the boards up there.

Is there anything I can do to combat this? Should I be worried?

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

First check for water ingress as a result of cracked or moved tiles.

If all is well the usual suspect is lack of ventilation in the loft space - make sure your insulation isn't covering any airbricks and if necessary ream out the holes with a pipe cleaner or similar to get rid of any spider webs.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Cheers, Ken. I'll take a proper root around up there later, then. It's rammed full of stuff, which makes it a bit difficult.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I've just been up in my loft and noticed a few patches where condensation appears to have dripped onto the boards up there.

Is there anything I can do to combat this? Should I be worried?

You can also have a problem with existing moisture on the tiles freezing which pushes the tiles apart slightly. When it starts to thaw you can get little 'leaks'.

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Cheers, Ken. I'll take a proper root around up there later, then. It's rammed full of stuff, which makes it a bit difficult.

You have water vapour forming droplets, from the rafters? That would mean your insulation is in the rafters and not the floor? That is not unusual if you are making use of the attic. It could mean that you are loosing a lot of heat through your ceilings, creating a warm roof space.

If you need to upgrade your insulation, 'kingspan' generic name for foilbacked foamed sheeting is really good to cut and slot in between rafters or ceiling joists. Expensive, even wicks sell it now. however it don't take up a lot of room and is more effective that glass wool insulation. Current depth of insulation required/ recommended today is approximatly 8 inches. However, kingspan you can get away with half that depth.

Correct Worms, sometimes ice and even snow can form or be blown up into the roof space, when melts some people go omygawd, however there is no leak or further action required.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

It's perfectly normal in these temperatures to get some condensation on the underside of your felt when it gets cold, the most common cause at this time of year is opening the loft hatch when the house is nice and warm and the outside air temperature is cold thus resulting in a rush of air to the coldest part of the house/roof but a lot of that is dependant on what type of underfelt is present. Is it the old bitchamastic reinforced felt or is it the new blue breathable felt , its called felt but is actually a woven cloth material, if its the breathable type you should see the white side on the inside of your loft

A complex we built last year suffered the same problems as the weather was worse than now and the heating was going full belt and causing condensation in the loft void as we were still working up there with the loft hatchs open

If adding insulation to the floor of your loft . . don't forget additional protection to pipes and tank. You can't have too much !!

On Jan 4th 13 years ago we came hope and found it raining . . .. . . . . indoors!!

Andrew Boyd