I need some new waders

arbocop

Any more suggestions, advice? One additional thing I forgot to mention was that I occasionally wade in the sea - when fly fishing or bay slinging - does this ruin waders faster than normal? It doesn't seem to in my experience, but I fish so rarely in the sea (it's over 80 miles in any direction from here!) it's difficult to say.

Funny you should mention that as I wondered if that caused the premature demise of my Leedas. I used them several times in the sea and I have a sneaking feeling it didn't do them much good. I think if I used any decent quality waders in salt water I'd give them a quick hoseing down with fresh water when I got home to be on the safe side.

Maybe someone else could educate us as to wether salt water cracks rubber ?

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What did you buy in the end Mike?

My Leeda chesties started to leak today and I don't think I'll be able to repair them, they lasted a season. Not sure whether to get another cheapo pair for £40 or go a bit upmarket.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back