River Arrow

Guest rabbit

Guest rabbit

Does anyone have any info on the River Arrow near Evesham. I know it joins the Warwickshire Avon at Bidford, and I have walked a small stretch of it, looks a top class fishery, plenty of streamy runs et I think BAA have a small stretch near Bidford but which club(s)control the rest? Also how do I post pics on this forum I managed a couple of whacking chub from Pershore last week and would like to try my hand at 15 minutes of fame. However I still seek my first 'double' Barbel, its getting personal now, but I reckon the Avon will do it for me sooner or later.

Cheers

http://www.go-fishing.org/upload/ for picture posting.
" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

There a lot of fishing clubs which contols the River Arrow from Studley right down to Marcliff on the River Avon.

From Wixford to Marcliff, I do not know which fishing club owns the right as |I have been trying to find out for the last thirty years or so.

The area you want to get Barbel is just before Wixford and is one time under the Dark Lane Fishing Club.

Studley Fishing Club do have some control of banks but not for Barbel as far as I know.

I am trying to gain some information as I go around but not easy to come. If I do come up will let you know.

River Avon or River Severn is the best bet for you to catch a double figure fish.

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

Guest rabbit

Andy

Thanks for the reply, your info will be useful, likewise if I can find anything useful on the Arrow I will let you know.

I agree I think the bigger barbel will come from the Severn or Avon, I am not obsessed with big fish, but I am keen on searching for venues 'off the beaten track'.

Thanks again...

Rabbit

Most of the Arrow is on private club books none on the BAA. There are some day ticket stretches on there, most notable the ones you obtain from the tackle shop in Alcester and the ones from a pub in Alcester. The BAA has some nice stretches of the Avon around Bidford but these can be busy especially at weekends. I fish mainly in the week so tend to avoid the crowds and I have some good stretches on the Severn and Teme that are very quiet and I fish these a lot.

Paul

QUOTE]Originally posted by berty bunker:

there's a day ticket stretch next to a pub near wixford. i think the pubs called the fish. tickets are available there.

I wouldn't recommend it as it is not ideally a barbel water despite there is a small weir there but lots of snag there. I will be surprise if there was some barbel there. Yes the pub is called the "Fish Inn" and I believe the permit cost around £4.00 a day but not sure now.

The best place I know for definitely for barbel is the Dark Lane Fishing Club.

Studley Fishing Club do have one side of the bank between Studley and Wixford which is know to have a few barbel but at the moment is single figures.

For Chub the Throckmorton Fishing Club have a large stretch just behind Coughton Court and going towards at least 4/5 meadows towards Alcester. Very good at one time when I was a member for a couple of years. There was a large head of chub from 2lbs - 4lbs when using stick float. There was know to be a few Barbel in the Arrow at the time I left the club, whether is still there, I don't know.

Again I do agreed with Paul that the BAA Water do get rather busy at the weekends and again sometimes in the midweek matches.

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

I caught a small barbel (in fact at around 14ozs the smallest Ive ever caught back in the late 70's/early 80's from the Fish Inn stretch at Wixford butAndys info will be more up to date.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Guest rabbit

Budgie

I bet if you were to catch that fish now it would be a record. Actually I like catching small barbel (no choice) they are the most perfect minature replicas of their bigger brothers (or sisters) Do you agree?

Neil