River Arrow

Guest rabbit

Totally agree Neil.I was quite suprised when I caught it.Dont know how many others were in there as it was the only one I had ever caught there but as you say any surviving from then would be big!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

• 5 years later...
Sorry to revive such an old thread, but I have to say I have wangled my way into the Club that controls this very stretch. The great news it's the best small river I have ever seen and fished, and it's packed with specimen chub the odd barbel Perch and good roach, not to mention Grayling in the Winter too. It's taken me all of 5 years to join, but worth the wait.

Thing is it hardly gets fished, I guess the thought of walking the banks is just too much for some, long may it continue :)

I love small rivers. It's great to find a gem of a river to fish which you haven't explored before. The river Arrow is not near me so I'll maybe never fish it but I have just discovered my own relatively unspoilt stretch of river. And it's packed with big fish. Heaven!

What ever happened to Rabbit, the starter of this thread? He used to post here nearly every day when I joined this forum a few years ago.

Edited by tiddlertamer

He was an old man who fished alone in a skiff in the Gulf Stream and he had gone eighty-four days without taking a fish. (Hemingway - The old man and the sea)

High TT..Well if you ever feel the need to fish the Arrow, then be my guest, literally, and as far as that Rabbit is concerned, I believe I have seen him on the Teme :o

A kind offer Teme Man. I may well send you a pm one day!

And if you are ever near London, there's a surprising amount of good rivers not to far away if you know where to look. Be happy to show you around.

You are clearly a fan of the Teme and also the Arrow. So to make this thread a touch interesting for everryone else, which river is best and why?

Imagine you were in a position where you could only fish just one of the rivers... :o

He was an old man who fished alone in a skiff in the Gulf Stream and he had gone eighty-four days without taking a fish. (Hemingway - The old man and the sea)

Hi Teme Man,

Very interesting and exciting news for you.

I do hope you will post news of your exploits on the Arrow.

I don't live far away from the stretch you have joined and am always interested in hearing about new small rivers to fish such as the Arrow.

I know other people who fish different stretches and all report good sport.

Look foward to hearing all about it...soon!!

Good luck

JP