Why Should You Join The SAA ???

Guest Chris Woodrow

Guest Alan Pearce

Thanks to everyone for the positive comments towards both the SAA and the NAA. Quite a few angling clubs have adopted our published Code of Conduct as part of their own rules. The Code is currently under going its first overhaul and the second edition will be published as soon as is possible in the New Year.

Alan.

Guest waterman1013

Hi Guys and Gals

Thanks for joining Graham. I was sure we would get you sooner or later. I am trying to find time to get to Pats this winter and will let you know when it is likely, we can meet for a brew up.

Regarding the website I have just sent a final file to Rob and he will be working with Elton and jaybee to get it up and running. We have booked about five domains, to stop copy cats, but as yet I don't know which will dominate. All the other domains will be directed to the master domain.

The site will still be on AN, if Elton lets us stay, even though we have our own domains registered.

SAA thanks go to Elton for his perseverence and giving all of angling such a great opportunity to meet and swap ideas and solutions.

Thanks also to Chris Woodrow for his unstinting support in Essex and on the web.

Big issues at the moment are the Scottish Executive proposal to ban livebaiting, meeting arranged with SE and other angling bodies to address the problem and open the debate in the political forum.

NW area EA proposals to ban livebaiting and coarse deadbaits from 14 waters in the Lake District. An active letter writing campaign, assisted by many from AN, is having results and bringing increasing pressure for change to the proposals.

Otter predation on large carp stocks. Funding for defences on still waters is actively being discussed by DEFRA, EA and Sport England, although there is no solution in sight.

Right to Roam proposals from The Countryside Agency - pubished maps need checking by all angling groups to ensure no increase in public access on private waters. Riverside and lake side access was removed from the legislation and all anglers need to be aware of encroachments.

Common Fisheries Policy - SAA continue to defend our sea stocks and claim the right of sea anglers to, at least, equal status as stakeholders with the commercial fleets.

SAA have signed up to the WWF Oceans Recovery Programme.

Just a taste of what SAA is fighting for and the rights we continue to defend.

Mike Heylin