Live and let live

andy_youngs

Is it a fish movement recorder?

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

What river is this on, Do you know?

The Wensum, I found the full story on their website.

http://norfolkanglers.co.uk/naca-general-n...n-r-wensum.html

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Same old stuff about canoes and the Wensum.

Quite, so why not solve it? make it go away?

I'm sorry if some people feel that I'm wasting their time, but I think it's a very relevant issue. The following statement is included on the naca website, which I think should be challenged :

The increasing illegal use of the river by canoeists has prompted us to install a sign at the cattle drink, reminding said canoeists that legally, they have no right to be using the water. If a stretch of river is non-tidal and non-navigable, as ours is, boat/canoe users require the permission of both riparian owners. This is a difficult law to enforce that is akin to trespass law, but with a vigilant approach we should be able to decrease their numbers, especially those of organised tuition parties, of which there were a few last summer.

I live on a neighbouring river, the Waveney, which is one of the few rivers in the country where canoeing parties are allowed free passage along the river from it's source to it's mouth. The Waveney has therefore become a bit of a 'honeypot' site for canoeing activities.

This can sometimes make fishing a bit awkward, especially in the summer months. Nevertheless, I know which valley I'd rather be living in :rolleyes:

never try and teach a pig to sing .... it wastes your time and it annoys the pig

The Wensum, I found the full story on their website.

http://norfolkanglers.co.uk/naca-general-n...n-r-wensum.html

I'm sure you remember reading it here, though:

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/News/river-wen...cking-1209.html

:D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I'm sure you remember reading it here, though:

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/News/river-wen...cking-1209.html

:D

Ooops! yes of course Elton, how could I forget :headhurt:

Andy Youngs, I appreciate your concern over canoeing rights but isn't it legitimate to monitor a river that the EA have stocked? It may be inconvenient to some for a time but introduction without monitoring is bad science. At least they have put up warning notices.

Ooops! yes of course Elton, how could I forget :headhurt:

Andy Youngs, I appreciate your concern over canoeing rights but isn't it legitimate to monitor a river that the EA have stocked? It may be inconvenient to some for a time but introduction without monitoring is bad science. At least they have put up warning notices.

I think (and I don't know much about canoeing, so may be wrong) that Andy is asking why an alternative method of navigating through with a canoe isn't offered, in the same way that cones in the road around blocked pavements occur.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE