Live and let live

andy_youngs

http://norfolkanglers.co.uk/images/naca-ne...-monitor-09.jpg

Look, why not just put a portage point in? Where does all the intolerance come from?

Where is the intolerance? It seems to me to be a polite notice warning canoeists of something that could be a hazard to both them and expensive equipment. Perhaps I come from an era in which people could accept that they couldn't do just what they wanted to do irrespective of how it might affect others. How do you react to stop signs at road junctions? They are not requests, they are instructions; I would think that you see them as being extreme.

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.

Perhaps I come from an era in which people could accept that they couldn't do just what they wanted to do irrespective of how it might affect others.

Not sure about that Chevin, I'm the same and I'm 33 ;)

Live and let live indeed.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

So the gist is that where some monitoring equipment has been installed which is in the way of canoeists who technically shouldn't be there in the first place, a warning sign has been installed instead of building a facility for canoeists?

I'm not really seeing intolerance there, and I wonder who is meant to pay for putting in the canoeing facility?

So the gist is that where some monitoring equipment has been installed which is in the way of canoeists who technically shouldn't be there in the first place, a warning sign has been installed instead of building a facility for canoeists?

I'm not really seeing intolerance there, and I wonder who is meant to pay for putting in the canoeing facility?

Spot on Steve!