Trout paste

Shonzy.

I find that small rainbows are best, under (say) 1lb, but it depends on your liquidiser. Large, wild brown trout are the worst, so I normally cube anything over 6lb. Use the flanks only and discard head, guts, bones, fins and skin.

Forget the pellets, which taste vile. Instead, I stiffen the mix with whole fat soya flour, a couple of eggs per pound of trout, and a generous dollop of tartare sauce. Molded into balls and tossed in seasoned flour, they deep fry really well. Yummy!

Bruno

www.bruno-broughton.co.uk

'He who laughs, lasts'

What are you aiming to catch with the trout paste?

Trout? I reckon there are better ways than mashing pellets+eggs.

Carp? - never tried it, but I'd guess half a gallon of mashed pellets will make mincemeat of 3 eggs. Even if it didn't, that's a whole lot of bait.

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

would it not be cheaper to buy some ? berkley sell trout paste as does sensas

my favourite fishing spot

2008_0801craig0051.jpg

chesterfield canal chesterfield

sensas pastes are reccommended by lots of anglers

i like and use the tandori paste for carp tench and bream even caught roach on it....and for a small pot £2.20 is very cheap as it lasts really well on the hook

i mean it this time thanx fot the help

what i done in the end cos me pc is playin up and couldn't log on is ground up about a pint of pellet and put in about 3-4 eggs, wrapped it in cling film and took it to MBK monday.

It still had the same consistancey and it even stayed on the hook. had two runs with the paste but didn't land any of them pretty quiet day, but thanx again

arron

Shonzy,although I prefer to grind the pellets and mix with eggs you can if in a hurry make a perfectly useable paste by adding a bit of boiling water to whole pellets then mashing them up with a fine potatoe masher.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Another time saving tip is to use "fry crumb" which is to all intents just ground pellets anyway!

And a money saving tip is dont buy your pellets/crumb from a tackle shop! get them from a feed supliers or ask your local trout farm.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!