Will the new proposed legislation stop fish theft?

Worms

Will the proposed new legislation regarding the taking of coarse fish prevent fish theft?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that bringing in the proposed ban on taking coarse fish with limited exceptions for pike grayling and livebait will prevent fish theft?

• Yes
    • No

hello boy,My thinking was ,how can you stop a eastern European for taking fish,and allow pike anglers to take fish.Would have been so much easiler to have a ban on taking any fish..And 15 fish a day,even when I used to live bait I never took that many

Whys this turning into an anti live baiting thing for you Mick?

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

it's all about control the trust arranged with the e a what to take and what not to take, outside of the freshwater consultation because they missed the sell by date, yet was still allowed to negotiate with the e a, now they want to police the fresh water industry using volunteer bailiffs, as they now appear to be paranoid and state that more of these noddy bailiffs are required, is there a fee in it for the trust I wonder, they did get a fee with regards to setting up a liaison with polish fresh water guys to educate them on not eating fish.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

First ban taking any fish, then further down the line a ban on catch and release for political reasons, hey presto we've accidentally got angling completely banned.

That's why the right to take fish is so important.

Btw I can easily go through 15+ live baits in a perch session. And it is still legal to take pike to eat (subject to conditions) under the 'new' legislation, whether you're Eastern European or good old British.

Very true Andrew.

According to Adrian Taylor at the EA, I can take 15 fish up to 20cms a day, for the pot, as long as they are not on the protected list.

I don't know how much flesh I'd get, but I suppose I could save a couple of days worth to make a meal. :D

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Is it OK if you smack your 15 fish on the head and use them as deadbaits?

If taking 15 small fish is really going to damage the fishing;

1. Don't take them.

2. Try to get angling banned there, because the fishery's stocks are so perilously low that it would be irresponsible to risk killing them by catching and releasing.

• Like 1

Maybe I am on my own,maybe I am wrong,maybe I am a oddball,but I would not fish with anyone who used live fish as bait,(maybe that's why I always fish on my own)As I have said before I used to live bait, I went to great lengths to get live bait.I had tanks at home to keep roach etc,Now I would rather blank than use a live bait,Since November last year I have been out of work,i did a lot of piking this winter, Prob,60 trips around here in the lea valley,i had a 19, two 14s,two 12s and about 12 smaller pike,as you can imagine I had a shed load of blanks. IMO if I had used live bait I would have had less blanks and a lot more small pike,but who knows I might have had that first 30

• Like 1

That's fair comment Mick.I accept that its a personal choice that some prefer not to livebait (whatever their reasons) However (as long as no harm is being done that would affect others use of the fishery then surely the live baiter should be extended the same right of personal choice?

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Best fishing I look forward to every year is live baiting with both sand eel and mackerel for the bass. Even better having tried float fishing with live mackerel last year, it was enormously productive and great fun. What's the difference between fresh and saltwater, why should there be so many restrictions put in place for a hobby.

Years ago I used to also enjoy live baiting for pike, moved away from freshwater as it is too restrictive and getting worse.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Each to their own I suppose,but it just don't seem right to me when some old boy is fishing on the lea for roach and hasn't had a bite all day,then a pike angler turns up with a bucket full of them,and when asked where they come from he says just up the river a bit.Some of you will say the old boy was in the wrong place. :doh:

Each to their own I suppose,but it just don't seem right to me when some old boy is fishing on the lea for roach and hasn't had a bite all day,then a pike angler turns up with a bucket full of them,and when asked where they come from he says just up the river a bit.Some of you will say the old boy was in the wrong place. :doh:

That's not an argument for banning livebaiting everywhere though. If the bit of the Lea is controlled by a club, it's the club's decision whether to ban livebaiting on their water, while leaving it a viable option on other waters if a similar ban is not in place. I join a few clubs each season, on some waters livebaiting is allowed and on others it's not. It seems to me this level of control makes a lot more sense than a blanket national ban.

For what it's worth, I have never liked live baiting, but in recent seasons I have done some on waters where it is by far the best method to target big perch.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music