Should I make a hole in the Ice?

Chris Plumb

Yeah our tennis balls just froze into the ice :huh: - to then be covered by 10inches of snow! Bit milder here today might try an make a hole or two!

C.

Now tennis balls being furry that wasnt to clever was it Chris!! (dont worry Ive done the same!) plastic mini foot balls are what I use in both ponds and my bait tanks with no problems what so ever providing you keep an eye on them and give them the occaisional "dunk"!

Biggest problem Ive had to learn the hard way in long periods of cold like this though was to always set the air stones in my bait tanks up on top of bricks.......................if you dont they can become encased in ice at the bottomof the tanks when they are on the deck. Lost two tanks of Rainbows one year during an extreme cold spell.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!