JRC Contact Bivvy

smalltincup

Just to be clear, it's the STI Twin Skin that's big and heavy, not the STI (Dave Lane) Brolly. There are a few 'STIs'.

Also, the STI Brolly is not a brolly, just to confuse you even more! It's a pram-hood shelter, like the A-Lite.

14kg might not sound much, but it's the same as carrying a 30lb carp around with you, on top of all your other tackle. The STI brolly weighs about half that.

Good luck with it all, I had a bloody nightmare replacing my old bivvy!

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am finding that, it should`nt be. Got it down ot three now.

1 Chub Cyfish mk11 1 man

2 The STI Twin skin by JRC

3 The Outsider of the group the JRC Contact 1 man.

Cheers again all

STC

It was the fish i tell you, they were talking to me !!!

I am finding that, it should`nt be. Got it down ot three now.

1 Chub Cyfish mk11 1 man

2 The STI Twin skin by JRC

3 The Outsider of the group the JRC Contact 1 man.

Cheers again all

STC

I've heard peple complain about condensation issues with the JRC Contact, which will always be an issue with a single skin, poorly ventilated bivvy.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

True had not thought about the condensation thing and single skin bivvies. Looks like the list is down to two. Unless can you get a Overwrap for the Contact?.

STC

It was the fish i tell you, they were talking to me !!!

True had not thought about the condensation thing and single skin bivvies. Looks like the list is down to two. Unless can you get a Over-wrap for the Contact?.

STC

having an over wrap wont stop the condensation you need good ventilation such as the newer sti twin skin it has mesh roof panels on the inner skin only which help air circulation most of the newer twin skin bivvys have something similar

try looking on google/youtube for videos showing bivvys in use such as company demo videos this might help you.

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif

Quick question for Anderoo - would the STI brolly or the Trakker A-lite be compact enough to fit in a large quiver?

If you dont mind me jumping in Jim the answer is yes.My STi Brolly fits into both of the quivers I have,an Aqua Products 4 rod and an original Terry Eustace style one. The wraped up and put in sleeve size isnt a lot more than an oval brolly or brotel.

Can measure the dsiameters if you would like? Only thing that makes it a bit awkward is its very slight "bannana" shape.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Can measure the dsiameters if you would like? Only thing that makes it a bit awkward is its very slight "bannana" shape.

Thanks Budgie, the diameters would be a big help. I'm in the market for a bivvy and also a day shelter so the STI or the Trakker would seem to be a good fit for both. Also you mentioned it is height adjustable. Anyone know if this is possible on the Trakker?

Bloomin heck Jim its bloody cold in my loft tonight! Right here you are- in bag as it was packed away at the end of a session, Length is approx 5', thickest part (measured with a "loose" tape is 20" in diameter. The "banana" effect isn't as pronounced as it is for example on a titan bivvy but is very slightly there,a couple of inches deflection at max I suppose.

The height/width adjustment on the STi brolly comes from the different tension you clip the web belt that holds the front "hoop" together,As the "A" Lite works the same it should also be adjustable providing the "belt" is.Anderoo ended up with the "A" Lite so he will be able to tell you for sure.

The wraped up and put in sleeve size isnt a lot more than an oval brolly or brotel.

Incidently that was a bit of total "Budgiebolloxs" there Im afraid its at least 2 1/2 times either my brotel or oval! Sorry! Well it is about the same length and green!

Edited by BUDGIE