pond Vacuum cleaners

wotnobivvy

Do you use a Dechlorinator ? Raw tap water is not very healthy for fish!

Mat

Hi Mat ...

Yep ... I forgot to mention dechlorination for tap water.

The best way of all is to refill your pond with clean rainwater, if you can find enough !

Having said that I have on quite a few occasions used just tap water, and I haven't lost a fish yet .... :D :D :D

Do you use a Dechlorinator ? Raw tap water is not very healthy for fish!

Mat

I've never used any product like that, even when my pond emptied itself once, and never lost a fish yet.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

It's much smaller than a rabbit, and not in the least bit furry.

a055.gif

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

• 5 months later...

I use an Oase Pondovac 4 to remove sediment, sludge and debris from my pond. It works quite well.

They cost about £220. Link Below.

http://www.pondkeeper.co.uk/search.asp?searchtext=pondovac+4

Please note that it is important to save some sediment and you must store this seperately from your pond.

There are bacteria in the sediment essential to pond good health.

FISH STORAGE WHEN CLEANING YOUR POND.

I use a simple 10' swimming pool and fill it with the water taken from the pond. Include the filtration system and you have a ready made and safe setup which your fish can be easily transferred too. Do not worry about PH tests whilst in the pool.

Note: Do not feed your Fish in the pool.

As you have used a fresh and sterile pool essential microbes will not be there in enough quantity to break down waste.

Tapwater can be used to top up your pond and must be left for 7 days before it is safe to return your fish. Ponds plants such as canadian pondweed absorb any chemicals or heavy metals in tap water.

Before you put back your fish you must return to the pond the sediment you have saved. Also return to your pond half of the water in the swimming pool as this will be well oxygenated and will go some way to further redusing the effect of tapwater on your fish.

Fully clean your filtration system, BUT NOT FILTERS, before you re-introduce to the pond.

Once you have returned your fish feed sparingly for 2 weeks and then as normal.

Works well for me and I have a 15' x 11' x 3' pond of my own. With many fish species.

Koi, Ghost Koi, Tench, Roach, Golden Rudd, Weather Loaches, Goldfish, Shabunkins, Bleak, Bream, Dace.