Royalty going syndicate?

Paul Boote

Paul

I do believe I have met you..at Hungerford bridge, are you the elderly gentlemen in plus fours, drives a Metro?

Do you mean the rather younger old geezer with dark-brown curly hair below his shoulders, and a gold earring in his left ear? If so, then you've got me...

Edited by Paul Boote

"What did you expect to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically...?"

Basil Fawlty to the old bat, guest from hell, Mrs Richards.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the description of yourself, no, do you really have an earring Paul ? Strange is it not , how the mental image one has of a person is rarely accurate! <_<

From the description of yourself, no, do you really have an earring Paul ? Strange is it not , how the mental image one has of a person is rarely accurate! <_<

As I said. Long worn an earring, with the current one a present from a neck-turning, traffic-stopping (for all the right reasons), raven-haired, young Turkish woman (who might have been Sophia Loren's granddaughter) in the early 1990s. I used to worry some more traditional gamefishers, as you can imagine, but as I avoid them like the plague these days...

"What did you expect to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically...?"

As I said. Long worn an earring, with the current one a present from a neck-turning, traffic-stopping (for all the right reasons), raven-haired, young Turkish woman (who might have been Sophia Loren's granddaughter) in the early 1990s. I used to worry some more traditional gamefishers, as you can imagine, but as I avoid them like the plague these days...

I'm intrigued Paul, what on earth did you have to do to earn your earring fron such a woman?

Lucky in love as well as fishing, what more can a man ask for..... I bet you have ruffled a few fur and feathers in your time.

Good on you.

Redmire is an example that springs to mind, once the exclusive domain of a select few but more recently open to many more.

Hardly an accurate description of events when the select few were guests at the owner's invitation and who were ousted by others offering money with the intention of making the water an exclusive syndicate fishery.

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.

Do you mean the rather younger old geezer with dark-brown curly hair below his shoulders, and a gold earring in his left ear? If so, then you've got me...

Ah ha, an educated reactionary what is more likely to drive a Deaux Cheveaux than a Metro!

Actually, unless I hadn't seen a picture of Wordbender clutching one of his prized, pet carp, and realised what a wreck of a man that he is, I would have thought the above description would have fitted him to a 't'.

Ah ha, an educated reactionary what is more likely to drive a Deaux Cheveaux than a Metro!

Actually, unless I hadn't seen a picture of Wordbender clutching one of his prized, pet carp, and realised what a wreck of a man that he is, I would have thought the above description would have fitted him to a 't'.

Fooled again. I don't own a car. When I absolutely need one, I hire it (or get my mate Jeremy Clarkson to lend me one of his).

Fooled again, the story of my life!!

Can't see Jeremy Clarkson owning a deux chevaux somehow. Okay, wrong again, so he's got two, along with a Trabant!

An educated reactionary though?

What? Some harrumping, forever going backwards into the terrifying future, Alan Clarke type?

No, Peter ... though I have had a goodly number of such sorts 'on my case' in recent years...