Royalty going syndicate?

Paul Boote

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'So we can agree entirely Slodger! Nicely put!!'

Peter, I probably agree with you far more often than you might imagine.

......I also occasionally enjoy a little banter with you.

Slodger (Chris Hammond.)

'We should be fishin'

Calm down everyone this is in the anglers mail.

"...the Royalty stretch of the Hampshire Avon has changed hands-but the good news for anglers is that it will still be open to all." The owners Bournmouth and west Hampshire water said that assurances from the new organisation Southern Fisheries, will not be able to turn it into an exclusive fishery. Tehy will put in alot of investment which includes coaching. Christchurch AC's lease will run until the end of the current season.

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/

Peter M:

"...the Royalty stretch of the Hampshire Avon has changed hands-but the good news for anglers is that it will still be open to all." The owners Bournmouth and west Hampshire water said that assurances from the new organisation Southern Fisheries, will not be able to turn it into an exclusive fishery. Tehy will put in alot of investment which includes coaching.  Christchurch AC's lease will run until the end of the current season.

Phew!

"What did you expect to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically...?"

Basil Fawlty to the old bat, guest from hell, Mrs Richards.

slodger:

'So we can agree entirely Slodger! Nicely put!!'

Peter, I probably agree with you far more often than you might imagine.

......I also occasionally enjoy a little banter with you.      

I had noticed! Banter is good, disagreement can also be good, if it leads to a strengthening of conviction, or a change of mind.

Peter M:

"...the Royalty stretch of the Hampshire Avon has changed hands-but the good news for anglers is that it will still be open to all." The owners Bournmouth and west Hampshire water said that assurances from the new organisation Southern Fisheries, will not be able to turn it into an exclusive fishery. Tehy will put in alot of investment which includes coaching.  Christchurch AC's lease will run until the end of the current season.

Me, I can't think 'phew', but then I am a cynic. It has been taken over by someone who is prepared to pay more than the present leaseholders. They also wish to put in a lot of investment. That means they see it as an investment that will yield a worthwhile profit, and the more they invest the more they will take out and the more anglers will have to pay. That isn't 'phew' :(:(:( , its sad, it means exclusion to those who will no longer be able to afford it. Why does everything have to be seen in money terms?

Peter Waller:

Peter Waller:

Me, I can't think 'phew', but then I am a cynic. It has been taken over by someone who is prepared to pay more than the present leaseholders. They also wish to put in a lot of investment. That means they see it as an investment that will yield a worthwhile profit, and the more they invest the more they will take out and the more anglers will have to pay. That isn't 'phew' :(:(:( , its sad, it means exclusion to those who will no longer be able to afford it. Why does everything have to be seen in money terms?
Don't get me started, Peter - I agree with you wholeheartedly!

[ 11. October 2005, 08:23 PM: Message edited by: Paul Boote ]

"What did you expect to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically...?"

Basil Fawlty to the old bat, guest from hell, Mrs Richards.

Well i am not going to be a cynic. last time i looked we lived in a Capitalist society which allows for the operation of a free market. The owners are fully entitled to take what they determine is the best offer. Probably this was the offer that was the highest, maybe they had some other quality thresholds, who knows. However, all I know is that it could have been a lot worse not just for anglers like us who may want to go down there to fish it sometime, but also for local business who rely on lots of visiting anglers coming to the area.

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/

So it was as my earlier post 'headless chickens'

I also note that various bits of these 'panic' threads are appearing on other forums as though they're gospel.

The Royalty has changed hands, but do either of you actually know what that means for the future ? Answer NO.

No more speculative old fanny please. No more emotive analogies with Patagonia and tiger hunts. No more rushing around the forums like excited schoolgirls dishing the dirt.

These newbies might actually create an even better fishery than it is now and since neither of you appear to have fished the river in long trousers, you're hardly going to be seen as saviours of the Royalty.

So face it...the pair of you went off half-cocked. Nothing unusual there and all of your attempts to convince each other of little conspiracies going on in the background is just hogwash. Grow up.

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'