Royalty going syndicate?

Paul Boote

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

argyll:

So it was as my earlier post 'headless chickens'

I also note that various bits of these 'panic' threads are appearing on other forums as though they're gospel.

The Royalty has changed hands, but do either of you actually know what that means for the future ? Answer NO.

No more speculative old fanny please. No more emotive analogies with Patagonia and tiger hunts. No more rushing around the forums like  excited schoolgirls dishing the dirt.

These newbies might actually create an even better fishery than it is now and since neither of you appear to have fished the river in long trousers, you're hardly going to be seen as saviours of the Royalty.

So face it...the pair of you went off half-cocked. Nothing unusual there and all of your attempts to convince each other of little conspiracies going on in the background is just hogwash. Grow up.

To me, argyll, you come across as two things:

1) An extremely chippy person.

2) Very very naive.

Not someone I would ever care to meet, and certainly never fish with.

[ 11. October 2005, 08:55 PM: Message edited by: Paul Boote ]

"What did you expect to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically...?"

Basil Fawlty to the old bat, guest from hell, Mrs Richards.

'Not someone I would ever care to meet, and certainly never fish with'

Since I rarely set foot on your home planet Paul, there's little chance of that happening.

As to me being 'chippy' or 'naive' its more than just likely that you were 'thrown' by me having my feet both firmly on the ground.

Wild speculation is never helpful. I suspect the truth which will undoubtedly unfold in the coming months will be somewhat different to your over-elaborate guesswork.

[ 11. October 2005, 09:16 PM: Message edited by: argyll ]

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

Dear Gerry,

I've just gone past the barbel bouncers on my way out the BFW club door leaving behind me two thousand boogie barbeler's asking;

Who the hell is Gerry Castles?

I reckon they think you are Roy Castle's younger brother.

One of em at least knew who Paul was though. AND; They know who Peter Waller is.

He can't catch Trent barbel either.

Regards,

Lee.

Dear Paul,

"Not someone I would ever care to meet, and certainly never fish with."

Gerry is a first class bloke. So's Peter.

But like you Paul, they too can't catch Trent barbel.

Why don't we all meet up during a raging flood and I'll teach you all how? Then we can kiss and make up so long as ya'll don't mind fishmeal in me tashe.

Regards,

Lee.

'Who the hell is Gerry Castles?'

Once I find a way of attaching trout pellets to snap tackles, I'll reveal all to your floppy hatted friends.

Trefor West told me that barbel weren't very bright...is that true Lee? the buggers are doing a good job of evading capture on the thames, kennet and loddon so far, I must therefore assume that its a myth that they ever existed in these rivers at all :)

[ 11. October 2005, 10:09 PM: Message edited by: argyll ]

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

Dear Gerry,

Ha but you see Gerry, its who you listen to concerning those Thames, Loddon and Kennet barbel? Mighty huge barbel are caught from all these rivers in the countries most severe frosts whilst the rest of the nation endures perfect blanks!!

Barbel are indeed stupid fish, but pike are as daft as if they'd just been run over with a dustbin lorry.

Never understood though why only a few of the real biggees in the pike and barbel world get caught. Could it be that we anglers are dafter than the fish?

Don't answer that Mr Waller.

Theres oodles of floppy hatters over in boogie barbel land. Take a gozz in the gallery its enough to send Dot Perkins into a frenzy. Nice wide brimmed jobbies with matching full length funeral directors coats.

What ever happened to the old trench coat, wellies and woolie hat that Aunty Pearl used to knit.

Regards,

Lee.

I can confirm that Gerry is a very nice person.

So is Peter and so is Paul.

Another should be knitting wooly hats in a secure institution.

Graham

[ 12. October 2005, 12:20 AM: Message edited by: Graham Elliott ]