Nikon Software

Steve Walker

For my birthday, my wife has just surprised me with a Nikon D3000. I never usually bother installing bundled camera software because it usually seems like bloatware for marketing online photo printing services. I just stick the card in my card reader or use the USB lead for the camera and access the image files directly. So I've done that, and it works fine, I can get my photos off the camera easily.

Is there anything on the bundled software CD that's worth having?

For my birthday, my wife has just surprised me with a Nikon D3000. I never usually bother installing bundled camera software because it usually seems like bloatware for marketing online photo printing services. I just stick the card in my card reader or use the USB lead for the camera and access the image files directly. So I've done that, and it works fine, I can get my photos off the camera easily.

Is there anything on the bundled software CD that's worth having?

Steve, D3000, thats a nice surprise, great camera. As a Nikon man of a few years, and half a dozen bodies. I've never found the supplied software worth much, recently upgraded to a D90, I did look but not worth a light, compared with the Adobe Elements 7/camera RAW that I like. In fact one program I tried a couple of years back, took over the computer :huh: making everything on that disk 'default' over all other programs . . . took a few hours to reconfigure too.

These days, I appreciate the quality of Nikon cameras and steer clear of their software, my preference is; 'card into the computer card reader', dont like the camera out on the desk ;) just my way :rolleyes:

SW

Thanks SW, sounds like I reached the right conclusion ;)

I much prefer to take the card out and stick it in my card reader too, but my PC's built-in card reader doesn't support SDHC - and my local Asda was selling 4GB SanDisk SDHC cards for 7 quid each...