Fishing in Goa

BOOTY

:D :D Please can anyone help i'm going to Goa in 2weeks and would like any information on tackle set up places to go or even contacts i have tried numerous forums and websites and have had no response at all really. I don't know where to try next i just need to know what sort of tackle etc i will need to take

Many Thanks Booty

:D :D Please can anyone help i'm going to Goa in 2weeks and would like any information on tackle set up places to go or even contacts i have tried numerous forums and websites and have had no response at all really. I don't know where to try next i just need to know what sort of tackle etc i will need to take

Many Thanks Booty

Went there a few years back.Was quite keen on finding out about fishing myself without much luck.

Talking to the workers in the hotel,waiting staff etc,quite a few were keen fishermen,but with really basic gear-and i do mean basic.I gave them copies of some angling mags that i took over and they went bonkers :D

By all accounts there are catfish in some of the paddy ponds-BUT they will almost certainly be dry when you go(same time of year as when we went)By all accounts they srvive the dry spell!!!!.

Guess the sea would offer something,however there are some really strong currents.Was told NOT to go out on local boats.

Sorry not much use

in fact pretty usless really :lol::rolleyes:

this might help

http://www.goa-fishing.com/index.html

Edited by chuby

• 1 month later...
Went there a few years back.Was quite keen on finding out about fishing myself without much luck.

Talking to the workers in the hotel,waiting staff etc,quite a few were keen fishermen,but with really basic gear-and i do mean basic.I gave them copies of some angling mags that i took over and they went bonkers :D

By all accounts there are catfish in some of the paddy ponds-BUT they will almost certainly be dry when you go(same time of year as when we went)By all accounts they srvive the dry spell!!!!.

Guess the sea would offer something,however there are some really strong currents.Was told NOT to go out on local boats.

Sorry not much use

in fact pretty usless really :lol::rolleyes:

this might help

http://www.goa-fishing.com/index.html

Hi.guess not much use now, you prob. there,well if you go to north Goa. Baga calengute,you can fish the Baga river, i go twice a year,Its only a small river but when tide is coming in(an estuary) theres some nice catfish(grunters) snappers etc.there are also a couple of lakes tied to hotels you can fish for about £7 per day ,not used myself but spoken to others that have caught baramundays up to 27 lbs.I take a tele.rod,fits in case(course rod)Buy calimari from market.50 p worth will last couple days,(squid) or prawns bout same price, good fun.

• 1 month later...
Hi.guess not much use now, you prob. there,well if you go to north Goa. Baga calengute,you can fish the Baga river, i go twice a year,Its only a small river but when tide is coming in(an estuary) theres some nice catfish(grunters) snappers etc.there are also a couple of lakes tied to hotels you can fish for about £7 per day ,not used myself but spoken to others that have caught baramundays up to 27 lbs.I take a tele.rod,fits in case(course rod)Buy calimari from market.50 p worth will last couple days,(squid) or prawns bout same price, good fun.

Hi Booty,don't know if you still about,i have just come back from Goa,the lakes i mentioned have many large fish(salt water lakes) they are topped up from baga river when tide comes in,anyway there are many barracuda, barramunday snappers,angels,etc i saw many very large ones and saw some caught also,the river not fished so well this year,ok R.

Hi Tcman. Even if he is not still following the topic, lots of folks read these topics and never leave a reply so the info will almost certainly help others you'll never know about.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Hi Tcman. Even if he is not still following the topic, lots of folks read these topics and never leave a reply so the info will almost certainly help others you'll never know about.

Hi Newt. Glad someone read anyway,The barramunday don't know if spelt right,are up to 30 lbs,saw photo of one on a phone he had just took, the chap that caught it had snook off with it as you are supposed to0 put back or give the hotel for kitchen,anyway you could see the fish swimming by the lakes are only about 4ft at most,my gear waS A bit light and got broke as i saw one or two get broke as well,one lad i was talking to went up to a 60lb line,i go again inNovember so will go up to 15lb,think i can get em at that,cu R.

You'd be amazed at how many folks read these topics. Most never reply but the topics certainly do get read.

barramunday = Barramundi (I had to look it up though :D )

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

• 7 months later...

Hi All..hope I am not too late...my name is Dean Van Stratten and I live in Candolim in Goa since retiring from the London Fire Brigade some 9 years ago....I am keen on fishing and cos of the latest silly games being played by the Indian Government over visas and working here I have been forced to start a business....and guess what I chose??????........of course it was....FISHING.

Am willing to help anyone with fishing in Goa so have started a web page...........www.aardvarkangling.page4.me

and the one I have begun for the business here is www.aardvarkfishing.com

my email address is aardvarkangling@hotmail.com

there is lots of good info there at the sites .... if I can be of service dont hesitate to contact us

Dean and Tony

Like the forum by the way will keep posting here for anyone to read as I think I can help

• 1 month later...
Hi All..hope I am not too late...my name is Dean Van Stratten and I live in Candolim in Goa since retiring from the London Fire Brigade some 9 years ago....I am keen on fishing and cos of the latest silly games being played by the Indian Government over visas and working here I have been forced to start a business....and guess what I chose??????........of course it was....FISHING.

Am willing to help anyone with fishing in Goa so have started a web page...........www.aardvarkangling.page4.me

and the one I have begun for the business here is www.aardvarkfishing.com

my email address is aardvarkangling@hotmail.com

there is lots of good info there at the sites .... if I can be of service dont hesitate to contact us

Dean and Tony

Like the forum by the way will keep posting here for anyone to read as I think I can help

Hi Dean n Tony. only just seen your bit about Goa,When i come to goa (hopefully in the next few weeks or so) i will look for your place,i always stay in Calengute but have a scooter so no problem,cu Richard.