Angling Trust Calls For Cull Of Otters Eating Too Much Fish

Elton

This was picked up by a "journalist" who did not check his facts, made no contact with AT and wrote a story different to that on the newswires. The story originated with Mark Simmonds and although a member of AT is quoted, he does not acall for a cull and he is not a spokesman for Angling Trust. Just goes to show you cannot believe all you read in the papers.

That's exactly what Journalists do - all of them. They get an inkling of story and publish. Give the amount of headline news it's had in the Angling Times and Anglers Mail - it wouldn't take a great deal of research to extract a story from some other sensationalist journalists who are being fed stories to keep this non-issue at the top of the aganda. They can easily come with up with an idea that all anglers are against this, and all manner of protestations will not take this back now, the damage has been done.

I'm really really really angry. I knew this would happen.

"I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off."

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Home Page of AT website:

http://anglingtrust.net/

NO CALL FOR OTTER CULL

CONTRARY TO THE ARTICLE IN THE TIMES TODAY, THE ANGLING TRUST HAS NOT CALLED FOR A CULL OF OTTERS. WE HAVE DEMANDED A RETRACTION.

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Home Page of AT website:

http://anglingtrust.net/

Thank Christ for that! :)

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Top marks to the AT for a quick response but how is the damage going to be rectified?

I just Googled Simon de Bruxelles.

He got fooled by a bunch of surfers here (he must be dull!) but worst of all was this article . I have no knowledge of any thing in it and I am not claiming that it is the truth but, his name comes up in paragraph 6.

Is he unlucky, a fraud or just......well........a journalist?

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

It strikes me that the Angling Trust have no control over who says what on it's behalf. There have been a few instances where so called Angling Trust spokesmen, representatives or ambassadors, have said things that cause alarm - only for someone like Mike Heylin to come out and say, "That isn't Angling Trust policy". That's all well and good, but when you've got people speaking, not just to journalists, but politicians and fisheries managers on behalf of the Angling Trust, it does damage to angling.

I think the AT needs to get a grip before we all suffer as a result of it's incompetence.

Edited by Steve Coppolo

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

I think the AT needs to get a grip before we all suffer as a result of it's incompetence.

I think it's a bit late for that mate!

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

I did hear a rumour over the festive period, that the AT were thinking of calling for a cull on Polish immigrants that were stealing carp for Christmas dinner and putting syndicate lake owners out of business - but it obviously never made the public domain! :D

It strikes me that the Angling Trust have no control over who says what on it's behalf.

It appears to me, that they need to have just one person responsible for issuing press releases.

And that person needs to have experience with dealing with the tabloid press. Even the comment "no comment" can be used against you, by a clever writer.

Dont forget the Times, has the same owner as the Sun, expect it to leak out to other tabloids.

If i have to speak to British tabloids, i dont open my mouth until i have recording equiptment running,

i can then at least prove what was said and by whom.

Laws here are different though, its a criminal offence to print something that you know to be untrue.

Unlike Britain of course.

Edited by captain cojones

It appears to me, that they need to have just one person responsible for issuing press releases.

And that person needs to have experience with dealing with the tabloid press. Even the comment "no comment" can be used against you, by a clever writer.

Dont forget the Times, has the same owner as the Sun, expect it to leak out to other tabloids.

If i have to speak to British tabloids, i dont open my mouth until i have recording equiptment running,

i can then at least prove what was said and by whom.

Laws here are different though, its a criminal offence to print something that you know to be true.

Unlike Britain of course.

That may be a typo, but I am sure it's true of the Soaraway Sun :rolleyes:

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/