Angling Trust Calls For Cull Of Otters Eating Too Much Fish

Elton

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

LOL, he's not a happy chappy is he? I just can't see how a few otters can eat £40,000 of fish from one lake? Did the lake just have two dozen ornamental kois in it or something?

I wasn't aware that the entire country was being overun by otters either. I thought that they were few in numbers. Unless, of course, the otters he's talking about are jet black and have wings?

I'm sorry, but if you stand by and watch the fishing lake that you've leased for over 65 years go down the pan then you've got something wrong with your head.

LOL, he's not a happy chappy is he? I just can't see how a few otters can eat £40,000 of fish from one lake? Did the lake just have two dozen ornamental kois in it or something?

I wasn't aware that the entire country was being overun by otters either. I thought that they were few in numbers. Unless, of course, the otters he's talking about are jet black and have wings?

I'm sorry, but if you stand by and watch the fishing lake that you've leased for over 65 years go down the pan then you've got something wrong with your head.

That's the trouble. A few people get a bit of a problem, a few 'faces' blow it up with a bit of sensationalist hype, next thing you know it's nationwide problem and we all end up paying.

Sick thing is, anglers get banned from taking a few eels for no real reason, and no one bats an eyelid.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

The A T are jumping up and down as they have been scorned, :o yet this guy is all but saying that the furry animals need sorting, why you lot don't listen. :D Looked at the redmire pool topic on the freshwater section, within their forum they are saying that their carp are very healthy and thriving (no otters) along with an abundance of eel. Funny that.

Don't matter when the rsa are scorned.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

The A T are jumping up and down as they have been scorned, :o yet this guy is all but saying that the furry animals need sorting, why you lot don't listen. :D Looked at the redmire pool topic on the freshwater section, within their forum they are saying that their carp are very healthy and thriving (no otters) along with an abundance of eel. Funny that.

Don't matter when the rsa are scorned.

But isn't Redmire pool in Herefordshire? Near Ross-on-Wye? Hasn't Herefordshire and the Wye got an enormous natural (no re-introductions here mate) otter population? You must be wrong Barry. If Mark Casto is a member of the AT and such an authority on otters how can you possibly doubt the man? All of the carp and eels must have been consumed years ago from Redmire as they ate all of the fish from his pond! Must go I feel a guffaw coming on :lol:

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Your not talking about ferrel otters then, are you Worms. :lol:

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Getting a bit dizzy now, first it's a cull then it ain't then it's more or less, now it's a dunno. :huh::rolleyes: John wilson an expert on otters then, has he fished redmire lot's of carp there apparently.

Re: Otter predation

Reg Phillips Today at 8:30 pm

What is the AT stance on this subject? I thought there was a meeting with the AT, John Wilson&Co and the EA about this.

Edited by barry luxton

Mr. Casto's on form again this morning!

The otters in my local area make great efforts to find still waters that are unprotected and when they find them they wipe out the fish stocks and then move on if they are not stopped.

It sounds as if the otters in his area are "stopped" when trying to move on

Otters need to be controlled and if that means is by an effective long term study of their numbers and there sustainability then good let’s get on with it, if it is by another means let’s try that but to sit and watch this carnage take place and do nothing more then put more fences up is a lousy answer.

Well studying them won't control them....I wonder what the "other means" are? He didn't answer Sharkbyte's question!

From the times feed back on the otter cull article

Robert Austin wrote:

My heart breaks for the Anglers of the UK ... NOT.

They complain about canoe's and kayaks on the waterways spoiling their fun and now its Otters!!!

Tough, I say! Learn to adapt!!

Just an example of the kind of tedious ignorance we have to indure from 'members of the 40 watt club' who dont understand that if it was not for anglers alot of those water ways would be polluted and the otters would not be able to live in them at all.

Ahem, it looks as if any member of the otter loving public is now a member of the "40 watt club". What a sensible thing for a member of the AT to spit out on a publically viewable forum after the Times headlines :wallbash: Rating this bloke at 5 watts is being generous, as for tedious ignorance?

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Mr. Casto's on form again this morning!

It sounds as if the otters in his area are "stopped" when trying to move on

Well studying them won't control them....I wonder what the "other means" are? He didn't answer Sharkbyte's question!

Ahem, it looks as if any member of the otter loving public is now a member of the "40 watt club". What a sensible thing for a member of the AT to spit out on a publically viewable forum after the Times headlines :wallbash: Rating this bloke at 5 watts is being generous, as for tedious ignorance?

It was pointed out the Angling Trust, several times by several people, that these mad crusades and campaigns against other water users and wildlife would be detrimental to fishing. But, hey, they knew best. Now we are all going to have to suffer as the general public, who already think anglers are just a bunch of boring saddos, see the darker side of angling as portrayed by the Angling Trust, their mouth pieces and ambassadors.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

It was pointed out the Angling Trust, several times by several people, that these mad crusades and campaigns against other water users and wildlife would be detrimental to fishing. But, hey, they knew best. Now we are all going to have to suffer as the general public, who already think anglers are just a bunch of boring saddos, see the darker side of angling as portrayed by the Angling Trust, their mouth pieces and ambassadors.

Their private forum idea is probably the worst thing thay could have dreamt up. At least with public access you'd get a balanced viewpoint across. I was nearly tempted to spend £20 just to teach that Casto chap a few unconventional yoga moves so that he could see for himself where he was talking from. The thing is, it's not just the public but also anglers who see these comments for the selfish, uneducated, narrow-minded crap that they are.........the AT is not looking good by failing to respond to Casto's verbal diarhoea. I noticed that he posted one of his ramblings on the Times comment site.