Bradwell tips and tricks

Guest beach_bum

Guest beach_bum

Hi

I am thinking of fishing at Bradwell, has anyone fished it recently and what is the best time, tide, bait etc.

Also I am planning to make a first forray into fishing after dark, anyone know any good spots where ther is a small difference in the high and low tide marks around the essex coast at a push Suffolk would be OK

Thanks

Howard :huh:

Hi Howard, I'd leave it a few weeks if I were you. The sea temperature there is around 2 degrees, which is way colder than it should be at this time of the year. It's been really hard to catch from the boats, but the next couple of weeks should hopefully see things improve. The annual run of spring codling usually begins at the end of Feb, so I'd look to plan your trip around then or the start of March.

Guest beach_bum

Thanks for the tip

being a "newbie" to beach fishing I am still trying to learn. I thought cold was good for cod, maybe even they can have it too cold. I think it will be end of feb before I go and then again about mid march.

Howard