The South??

Newt

Peter Waller:

Hey, wait a minute, East Anglia, the hill free swamp does count, if only for the quality of our ale! Check out our Breweries & the CAMRA Awards that they get. Adnams Ales is like virgin's water, hard to find but well worth searching out. And we don't pander to our sheep, no way, horses is our thing, a man's mount! The Suffolk Punch is world famous, even have 'em in the U.S. Sheep . . . baa!

Your right PETER, we do have sheep, but they are to small for the "average" YANK. We like them pretty blue eyed angus & charolais...LMAO

RONAN

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right you lot the Prime Minister is going to be told about this. You know he comes from up ere,up north,and as for you yanks G W BUSH will be informed Tho better not say to much to G W BUSH he"s a southerner :D

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

jangar:

Tho better not say to much to G W BUSH he"s a southerner :D

Nope. GW is a Texan and they are convinced theirs is a country all to itself. The were the "biggest" everything for so long.

These days though, we can always threaten to divide Alaska in half and make Texas into the 3rd largest state. :D

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

I stand corrected Newt :D:D

Jangar

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Newt, talking of North Versus South.

In the U.S

What is all this Jerry Springer Take the Pi## out of Poor southerners t.v all about.

Whenever J.S is on t.v, all I ever see are Southerners making themselves look very stupid.

If they were of one religion, or Colour, then somebody would step in too say that they were being victimised, and need saving.

But as it stands these people get wheeled out one after the other to look like complete idiots, and

98% of the time they are Southerners.

Is this for the more sophisticated Northern types to sneer at the "Southern Trash"? or what.

Having said that, in New Orleans, a man actually asked me " What language do you speak in England", go figure!!

hey you lot,

do you class me as a southerner, or as I hope a northerner, `coz I`m a bit in between geographically that is. I`m north of Watford so do`s that give me northern status,or am I (god I hope not)a Southerner.

:D:D:D:D

"The early bird catch's the worm.............................................................................but the second mouse gets the cheese"

"Amatuers built the ark...........................................................................................................proffessionals built the titanic"

"All mushrooms are edible..........................................................................................................................some only once"

I vote for you to be a northerner bushwaker :D:D . Would"nt want to be classed as a southern softie myself

Jangar

“Vescere bracis meis”

Once fished with a chap called Charlie - from Chicago - Fished the Gt Ouse, good fishing, good company. During the evening we visited about ten pubs so he could sample several English beers (he liked them all).

About the third pint - before the conversation got too stupid, Carlie made some disparaging remark about Lindon Johnson - the then President.

"I don't know much about American politics" I said "what is the matter with Johnson?"

Charlie exploded "Wassa matter wit' 'im?, wassa matter wit' 'im? - He's a Goddam Texan, THAT'S WASSA MATTER WIT' 'IM" :D

On my last visit to Texas I was delighted to see one ranch flying the Confederacy flag and the flag of the Lone Star State at his gate.

Newt - where does N Carolina come in all this? - I thought it was the most northerly of the Southern states - but apart from knowing the civil war was 1861-5 I'm not sure where the North-South divide was . In England the boundary is the Trent (unless you come from the north.....

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...