BEST BAITS FOR FISHING IN FRANCE

McGinty

Coq au vin flavoured boilies?

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

LOL. I was going to suggest Escargots à la Bourguignonne and a glass of Pinot Noir.

How about bread or brioche? Brioche works for me.

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

French carp eat the same as any other carp so choose what you use at home. Depending on the water in question, one cost effective option is maize, perhaps in combination with hemp.

Rob.

Now this is something I don't KNOW FOR SURE, others will be able to advise, but going over to France with a boot load of hemp seeds MIGHT not be the best idea in the world. You may have problems convincing French customs that they are for fishing.

When my daughter and I go carping in France, she uses strawberry boilies. I like fishing off the top me so it's bread or brioche. I prefer brioche. If you get hungry you can eat the bait.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

• 4 weeks later...

To be honest it depends on if u can get the fish feeedin or not! if u find the right spot then gr8! but remember that there was another group of fisherman/woman just left only 6 - 12 hours b4 u got there so there wil be loads of bait in the water! if they caught try and find out what they fished on, maybe the person running the lake will be able to help by lettin u know what is working and isnt!

Maize and hemp are the best option for any country!

Martin

To fish or not to fish? That is the question!!!

PB Commom 30lbs (UK)

PB Mirror 27lbs 4oz (UK)

PB Ghost Mirror 15lbs 6oz (UK)

PB Mirror 46lbs 6oz (FRENCH)