The Hazelford Piscatorial Society (River Trent)

barbules

:)

Dear Lee

Think you or one of your alter ego's needs to re-read the opening thread......it says downstream of the weir to number 85.

Reverse your peg numbers and you'll find the answer.......Hope that clears up your question.....pleased to be of help.

Yours With Respect.....

Steve.

[ 01. March 2004, 06:46 PM: Message edited by: 'eelfisher' ]

Dear Steve,

SEE!!! Your there again. Come on, tell the truth, have you all got HPS hammocks rigged up above your computers?

I see that my campaigning did some good regarding the past practice of idiot anglers fishing off the high wall at Hazelford whilst using home made drop nets to haul up fish when caught. BWB have now banned the practice. Good on um.

Regards,

Lee.

Dear Lee

Actually, there is a zone cone situated inside the monitors.......they can be adjusted to warn of certain in-coming southerner undesireables...or tweaked to keep TAB's on other interjections looming on the net.

Sincere thanks to you and your campaigning regarding the 'drop net loons'........well done that man.....and to the other two sisters in that frock.

If I see a drop netter on the wall, he shall have a swift boot up his bum and his mates can send down one last net to save him from the hoardes of small Anguilla that will attack his worthless being as he lays amongst the rocks under the foamy Trent water course.

Now then......get back to your song and dance routine practice and don't forget to adjust the hem on that polka dot dress.

Yours With Respect.....

Steve.

Dear Steve,

We're having an end of season barn dance on the Erewash Canal on the eve of the 14th at midnight.

Boots and Frocks are playing and I'll be accompanying on low whistle. We are also having a barbie so everyones invited to bring their barbie dolls along. Best dolls hair "do" wins a marsbar. Food is optional and I'm taking jam and mustard sandwiches (jello for the Americans)

Been a cracking season and I can't complain. He probably would but the bloke sat in the corner won't let him. And if both of them don't stop treading on my pressed frocks it's the frying pan for both of um!!

Must dash as I'm getting boiled in oil shortly on another channel.

Regards,

Lee.

Quote:I see that my campaigning did some good regarding the past practice of idiot anglers fishing off the high wall at Hazelford whilst using home made drop nets to haul up fish when caught. BWB have now banned the practice.

Lee I thought it was already banned, but well done anyway.

Dear Mike,

The metal signs forbiding the practice mentioned (around six or seven) are fairly recent aditions to the venue.

In the past, this practise was so widespread, day ticket money was taken from those engaging in this activity. And if that wasn't bad enough, day tickets rendered, didn't even cover the fishing as the day ticket vendors club didn't own the fishing rights!!!

Legality doesn't mean anything if there is no policing of whats illegal in the first place. And in this instance, the practise was openly encouraged!!!

Not only was this a very bad angling practise, young kids used to be seen regularly fishing off the top of this iron and concrete wall!! One slip would be all it would take for a long fall into certain death.

This practise, was a regular one spread over many years. So much for it being banned then??

Regards,

Lee.