Carp Stock Fish

Elton

First time I've seen carp for sale like this on eBay, although I admit that I don't actually look for them! - CLICK HERE

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Interesting link, Elton.

The words 'steer' and 'clear' spring to mind! :rolleyes:

And as for the price... I think it's him that's having the dream!

At £5k for the 250lb, if you say they are all 20lb at best, that's over £400 each - though as he says, some are double figures so you're paying best part of £400 for a double figure fish!

He's not even mentioned if they are health checked, so I can only assume they are not, which would add another few hundred pounds on it (not to mention you may have to kill some to get it!). No mention either of age – if they are old fish the doubles could stay doubles!

Far better to buy a healthy, young stallion with a proper pedigree from somewhere like Priory. I pay about £100 for a four year old fish between 7-11lb, which could easily be 20lb in a year or two, and in the right conditions go on to do a whole lot more. B)

Julian

Mild Mannered Carp Angler By Day…

Read My Blog:Here! View My Gallery: Here!

www.NorthWestcarp.co.uk Home of the Northern Monkey!

a'm i correct in thinking the the sale of live stock/fish ain't allowed on ebay

Policy overview

You can sell a few types of animals and wildlife products, though there are some things that can't be listed on eBay because of complex government regulations and various laws both in the United Kingdom and internationally.

Check out the list of items below to find out what you can and can't sell on eBay. If an item is allowed or restricted, be sure to follow our guidelines, shipping restrictions, and applicable laws. You also need to check if selling or shipping these items requires a license, permit, or other paperwork.

Make sure your listing follows our guidelines. If it doesn't, it may be removed, and your buying and selling privileges could be restricted.

Certificates and Permits

Applications for Article 10 certificates should be submitted to Defra, or the Irish Department of the Environment, Heritage and Local Government. Export permits can also be obtained from Defra. Information about licensing and application forms for Article 10 certificates and export permits can be found at:

http://www.ukcites.gov.uk/license/default.htm.

Please state in your item listing whether you are in possession of an Article 10 certificate if it is required.

For information on Ireland's licensing and permit rules, visit www.environ.ie.

Restricted

The sales of the following animals are permitted, provided that the seller guarantees in the listing that the animals will be packaged safely and posted via next day delivery.

Live bait (minnows, shiners, earth worms, and meal worms)

Live insects, crickets used as bait or feeder food for pets

Shellfish, such as crabs and lobsters, that are live when sold but intended for human consumption

Aquarium or pond fish, snails, tadpoles or similar creatures

Hatching eggs for some animals are permitted provided the seller offers domestic-only shipping within the UK. However, hatching eggs from endangered species, migratory or wild birds, snakes, or turtles aren't allowed

Not allowed

Sales of other animals not listed in the exceptions above

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif

I see aquarium fish for sale on there all the time, though.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE