Winter league result

RUDD

After many years of trying and several third places last Sunday I won my local clubs winter league by two points

Two matches ago I had an outside chance of finishing in the top five after finishing the first two matches just outside the frame but getting good bonus points. Came second in the penultimate match putting me in joint first place with one to go after landing a nice bonus bream of 4.5lb to add to 5lb of roach.

Even though myself and the other guy were joint first anyone in the top six could have won the league depending on how results panned out as the points were close with no one really dominating.

The other guy sitting top drew a good peg - I had what everyone thought was the worst in the match!!!!

For two hours I watched him catch small roach while I could not buy a bite on a 24 to 0.06 bottom on pinkies.

Then I switched to caster as I had dripped in a few every half hour.

Result - the float dipped and out came a Tench followed by another, six crucians, two tiny roach, a tiny rudd and with 15 mins to go a 2.5lb Perch on a single red maggot.

I finished with 8lb 14oz whilst the other guy who was joint top came second with a baqg of roach @ 6lb 12oz

The big perch won me the match and the title in a very close finish!!!

Roll on the Spring

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

congratulations Rudd, sounds like the cream came to the top, :D size 24 hmmmm remember fishing those on the lee at broxbourne but with age and perhaps wisdom I have to wonder why !! ;)

Edited by KAYC