Fishermen Not Happy With Bristol Channel Wind Farm

Elton

A £4.5 BILLION pound wind farm planned for the Bristol Channel would rob Westcountry fishermen of vital fishing grounds, it has been warned.

The Atlantic Array – off the North Devon coast – is one of nine new offshore wind farms which have been given the go-ahead by the Government.

Full article here:

http://bit.ly/c4j95L

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Oh well, nevermind!

Let's face it - a multi billion pound, 350 turbine electricity plant sanctioned by the Government versus a few local commercial fishermen.... hummmm... not much contest there really is there?

The fact is we are gonna see loads more of these projects popping up all over the place. There's nothing we can do about it, and more importantly we shouldn't be thinking of doing anything about it. The fact of the matter is, the World is running low on resources and these wind farms are a small step in the right direction to safeguarding a small amount of power for the UK.

Yes, there will be fishing grounds disrupted and even closed off, but there are still thousands of square miles of fishing grounds left for all to explore.

The fact that this particular wind farm is situated on 'some of the best bass and squid fishing grounds' is unfortunate for the local commercial lads, but that's life I'm afraid - plus they'll be getting some form of compensation. Consider it a redundancy and go get another job! Moaning about it isn't going to change things.

The fact of the matter is, the World is running low on resources and these wind farms are a small step in the right direction to safeguarding a small amount of power for the UK.

Hello Dave B

And exactly what resources are wind farms safeguarding?

I fish to live and live to fish.

An interesting snippet on the might of the Windfarms.

During the recent cold snap, on the coldest day of the Winter so far, the entire UK windfarm industry managed to contribute the colossal total of less than 0.1% of the nations power needs, which isn't very much no matter how they want to paint it up.......... B)

Hello Dave B

And exactly what resources are wind farms safeguarding?

Electricity Wurz - the way I see it, if we run out of gas, oil and coal - at least we'll have a little bit of leccy in the UK courtesy of the wind!

Electricity Wurz - the way I see it, if we run out of gas, oil and coal - at least we'll have a little bit of leccy in the UK courtesy of the wind!

Hello Dave

It will only be little bit the rest will come by plugging in to the French nuclear power stations being built along the channel coast. And they don't save oil.

I fish to live and live to fish.