What Would You Cull?

Elton

This is a bit of fun, before anyone gets carried away!!!!!!

With the word 'cull' being bandied about all over the place, I wonder what people would choose to cull in order to improve their fishing?

I'm going to start the ball rolling with bream. The bait-robbing pathetic excuses for a fish wouldn't be so bad if all you had to do was unhook them and put them back, but they have to go that extra yard and make you hate them by covering you in snot.

I have particularly vivid memories of me and a mate spotting a shoal of quite large river bream one June 16th. We got a little bit of bait in and then, once they were feeding, managed to hook a couple. Honestly, my maggots put up a better scrap. It was as if the effort of picking up the bait had robbed them of the will to live. We simply reeled them in.

But that wasn't the end of it. Once they were returned to the water, they refused to swim, even after being held in the current for what seemed like an eternity. We had to chase them down the river, catch them in the net and then sit with them forever. I swear we'd still be there now if the bream had their way!

Suffice to say, we then left them alone and concentrated on chub and pike!

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Horseflies :angry:

Or, to be a little contentious, those bloody waterfowl that can hear the pitter-patter of loose fed maggots from the other side of the lake, and will hurry across to spend the next ten minutes diving for them!

Edit: and that pair of ducks at Barton Court that mugged me for my bait, the cheeky little sods - turn your back for a minute and they were scoffing your bait box! :lol:

Edited by Steve Walker

Very Easy question for me.

CARP!!!

dont get me wrong i dont hate them but far to many places have been filled with the things to breaking point. Venues where there use to be quality tench and bream are now stuffed with carp. Along with the Bivvy boy brigade all the gear , no idea.

everytime i catch a fish i'm lucky when i blank i'm a hopeless angler.

Venues where there use to be quality tench and bream are now stuffed with carp.

You've accidentally used 'quality' and 'bream' in the same sentence.

:D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Poor old bream, it's not their fault :D (The big ones aren't slimey!)

Although they make the chub and perch fat, getting rid of signal crayfish/mitten crabs gets my vote. They are extremely destructive.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

This is a bit of fun, before anyone gets carried away!!!!!!

With the word 'cull' being bandied about all over the place, I wonder what people would choose to cull in order to improve their fishing?

I'm going to start the ball rolling with bream. The bait-robbing pathetic excuses for a fish wouldn't be so bad if all you had to do was unhook them and put them back, but they have to go that extra yard and make you hate them by covering you in snot.

Does it stick to rabbit fur as well :lol: