Wingham Fish-In

Steve Burke

Anderoo - I seem to remember reading that you did catch a fish there in 2007 so there is still hope for you my lad.

Well, that's true - although it was a less than bumper year with just one small eel and one even smaller pike :D I still had a great time though.

The weather last year wasn't great (a wee bit windy if I remember, and the water temperature had dropped a lot) but this year the fish-in is later in the year right at the end of May - the perfect time to be fishing there. Whether the bream make an appearance is anybody's guess, but I expect several very big tench will get caught. Maybe a big bag or two as well...

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it had been fishing very well just prior to the fish in then the cold spell killed it.Mind you there was still several PB's caught.

Fishing Wingham regularly its to easy to get things out of perspective and take it for granted (fish wise as I just cant see how you could ever take such a special place for granted).But the fact is that even the "run of the mill" fish will be life time bests for many.

Its also a privilege being allowed on such an exclusive fishery for non members and the hospitality of Steve and Peggy is second to none.

If you've not done this sort of fishing before dont worry as there will be plenty of the syndicate members there to help and advise.Tackle can also be made available as I for one have spares of most things!

A cracking experience with the chance of some very big fish.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

No problem - it just blows my mind that most years Steve can't even give these free places away!

Over the weekend I think I'll put a few nice piccies up here, see if that won't inspire a few people :)

(I'm not working on commission or coersion here by the way! It was people waxing lyrical that first got me to travel halfway across the country to go to a fish-in.)

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

You'll be made very welcome if you go and it is truly an awesome place to fish.

I wonder how many can identify this angler (Wingham several years ago)

94-fish-on-2.jpg

Or how many places you fish that provide a pair of tractors to haul gear to swims

3-busy-balif.jpg

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

With apologies for being the cause of slow downloads, here are a few pictures which give a flavour of, well, being there. You all know what tench, perch and bream look like :)

DSCF1213-1.jpg

DSCF1155.jpg

DSCF1129.jpg

DSCF0881.jpg

DSCF0643.jpg

DSCF0609.jpg

DSCF0562.jpg

2006_0210Image0005.jpg

2006_0210Image0001.jpg

Definition of a 'rich water' - catching a tench to find a damsel nymph hanging on!

DSCF0632.jpg

With apologies for being the cause of slow downloads, here are a few pictures which give a flavour of, well, being there. You all know what tench, perch and bream look like :)

Some more. The fish in wingham are good but not as good as just being there:

post-560-1269032915_thumb.jpg

post-560-1269032905_thumb.jpg

Oh and this one was good, I took it just after catching a tench in late May 2008!!! That session was very good, despite the cold!

post-560-1269032926_thumb.jpg

Rich