Wingham Fish-In

Steve Burke

Some nice pictures there which capture some of the many moods. Simply put it is a stunningly beautiful place where dreams can become reality and even if they don't I cannot think of a better place that I would wish to be.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And some more :-

0705200541.jpg

0705200537.jpg

0705201527.jpg

Again, guess the angler who was, errrr, resting ;)

Wingham04.jpg

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"

I wish you lot would stop talking Wingham up!

I was hoping to go again this year, but if you lot keep on it'll be hugely oversubscribed this year :rolleyes:

Mat

I doubt it Mat!

Never fails to amaze me how each year we strugle to fill the places!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

I doubt it Mat! Never fails to amaze me how each year we strugle to fill the places!

I'm just not geared up for that sort of big water session fishing Budgie, it'd have to be two days to do it justice I think. It does look beautiful though and Steve's genorousity is appreciated but I wouldn't know where to start.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

I'm just not geared up for that sort of big water session fishing Budgie, it'd have to be two days to do it justice I think. It does look beautiful though and Steve's genorousity is appreciated but I wouldn't know where to start.

If I let not knowing what I was doing stop me I'd never get out fishing :)

Mat

Mat

Rusty if you fancy giving it a go I can kit you out with bivvy,bed chair,buzzers etc and show you the ropes (it aint that hard) so long as you have a brew kit and a sleeping bag your sorted!

Or if you or anyone else dont fancy session/night fishing then day time fishing and sleeping in the club house (fully kited out with toilet ,showers,kitchen,fridge and freezers) is an option.The general float fishing can be very good as well,

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

I'm just not geared up for that sort of big water session fishing Budgie, it'd have to be two days to do it justice I think.

Steve's genorousity is appreciated but I wouldn't know where to start.

Nonsense!

Get your float rods out and chuck out a feeder with a slider. Get a leger rod and chuck out a feeder. Wander the edges trying roving tactics, I'm sure they will work - you could use your pins as well.

I'm not geared up for it really, but I can catch fish and I've got rods, reels and lines. Weird thing for me will be the necessity of having to get a chair!

PS Rusty - On the subject of pins we need to meet up. I have a fly trip on my mind also. As you can see I'm back on line....

"I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off."

PS Rusty - On the subject of pins we need to meet up. I have a fly trip on my mind also. As you can see I'm back on line....

We do indeed, the Allcock is the only one left (I think) and two sold via e-bay have made more than I'm asking here.

Budgie, thank you for the offer of kit for the Wingham day. I'll give sticking my hand up for a place some serious thought.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

You don't need anything fancy. It's a lightly fished water, rigs aren't important and by late May the majority of the fish will be caught in daylight so there's no need to night fish of you don't want to. Float-fished or feeder fished maggot or worm or corn will catch anything going, including monster tench.

It's getting your bait and feed in the right spot that's the only real key to catching, and Steve and the baliffs will see to it that you won't go far wrong on that count.

I've had lots of good tench (to over 9lb) on a running maggot feeder, 8lb mono hooklength, size 12 hook with 3 maggots on it. It's not complicated, honest! Also Steve picks swims for people based on what they want to catch and how they want to fish, so if you want to float-fish the margins he'll put you in a suitable swim for it.

Edited by Anderoo

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music