Wingham Fish-In

Steve Burke

We do indeed, the Allcock is the only one left (I think) and two sold via e-bay have made more than I'm asking here.

Budgie, thank you for the offer of kit for the Wingham day. I'll give sticking my hand up for a place some serious thought.

I'll be putting mine and Miroku's name down for the event if it's not over subscribed this year. I would think with all the PR work going on it will be though. I for one would like to see you there Rusty, we can have a good old chat about pins m8 lol !

If I where you i'd take Budgie up on his generous offer...good on him.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I'll try for a place as well and just use savings to buy some equipment which will be used at other places anyway...... a good excuse to use some money put away from bonuses from work to buy new fishing equipment :-)

I've already had an e-mail asking about the dates of the next Wingham Fish-In so that the right days could be booked off work. As many of you will be sorting out your annual leave now, I'm posting the dates here on the Forum. They're Sat May 22nd to Monday May 24th.

However please note that I won't be taking bookings until approx May 1st.

Hi Steve,

Please could you count me in for the AN fish in at Wigham.

Kind regards

Ben

Edited by Newt
Highlight important information

If I'm available for this I'll add my name to the list of those offering to help out, Steve.

I see there's a few AN'ers worried about having the right tackle so I'd be glad to help someone out in that respect, I'd even bivvy up next to someone and show them the ropes if necessary.

If I'm available for this I'll add my name to the list of those offering to help out, Steve.

I see there's a few AN'ers worried about having the right tackle so I'd be glad to help someone out in that respect, I'd even bivvy up next to someone and show them the ropes if necessary.

A generous offer from someone who held the lake tench record not long ago :)

Babelfish, people who have never been before get priority, so with a bit of luck you should be OK. Just remember to get your name down when Steve opens the books!

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I am coming down for the social side and I will offer all my service or knowledge to anyone who wish to gain some help in either catching a big tench or bream :D

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

Hello everyone, I'm new to AN and this is my very first post :D I'm new to all this so please be gentle with me!

Over the past few years I have heard so much about AN and Wingham from my boyfriend that I thought it was about time that joined in, it's nice to see a few other ladies on here too.

Most of my friends think I'm raving mad spending my weekends sitting out in the pouring rain but I really don't care, for me it's an escape the from the hustle and bustle of everyday life, to breathe some fresh air and and feel the tingles of excitement when you get a bite. Even on a day when nothing is biting, just watching the wildlife makes it seem all worth it.

I've fished quite a few places over the past few years but I recently saw some pictures if Wingham and I can' believe how spectacular the lake and the surroundings are, from what I've been told the pictures do not do it any justice, trust me I've after seeing the amount of fishing programmes I've seen, this place looks like heaven on earth!