Pre-baiting

mike1234

I have been fishing my local lake in the bad weather because its only 500 yards from my house

but when the weather warms up the place can attract a lot of kids and people who make the fishing "difficult" to enjoy.

so i was thinking when the weather warms up, of fishing the lake from first light up until about 11am when the banks start to get filled with the kids and local idiots, and figured pre-baiting a swim the night before might be a good idea and save some time

but i dont want to over feed the fish and kill the fishing i usually fish with pellets, sweetcorn, maggots, worms, and boilies but know some of these are likely to fill the fish and most packet ground baits dont hold fish for long periods

i have only ever fished sessions starting the same day before so any advice on pre-baiting would be helpful

cheers

mike

Mike - without some info on the lake (size, depth, fish population, etc.) it is pretty well impossible to give you a decent answer.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President