Hot Water Bottle? For Sessions?

ShaggyRS6

After a long period away from fishing I am planning to return very soon. No not having fished in winter time I am looking for tips with regards keeping warm. Something I though off was a hot water bottle? Does anyone else do this? or am I going to look like a complete sissy :)

Also I dont have a winter skin for my Bivvy. Will this cause huge issues?

There's something on the market that is supposed to help aching backs, a sort of large hot poultice thing you stick on. I don't know how much they cost but it sounds to me like a good alternative to the hot water bottle.

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

Make sure u get some thermols they do wonders! Loads of hot drinks too and dont be affraid to jump into ur sleeping bag for a bit to keep warm!

i dont use a ground sheet but a few ppl i go with do and they seem to be warmer then me so i think i will start using a ground sheet as well! have fun, but the weather is startin to turn a bti now so it shudnt be as cold! u missed all the really cold weather well down here in the south any ways!

Martin

To fish or not to fish? That is the question!!!

PB Commom 30lbs (UK)

PB Mirror 27lbs 4oz (UK)

PB Ghost Mirror 15lbs 6oz (UK)

PB Mirror 46lbs 6oz (FRENCH)

hi get a second skin for your bivvy and a 5 season sleeping bag and a bed roll to put on your bedchair use a heavy duty ground sheet

lots of hotdrinks and may be a bivvy heater but (DON'T) leave it on when you go to sleep.

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif

If you want to batten down the hatches, close the doors etc, then a winter skin helps. I prefer the opposite and fish under a brolley all year round. if you have the right bag (plus a waterproof bedchair cover) then you'll be warm as toast whatever the weather.

Rob.

A top-notch sleeping bag is well worth the money. I'd also thoroughly recommend getting a pair of these, complete with the top. For less than £25, you can't go wrong. I've had mine for ages and wear them a lot, both for fishing and for dog walking.

The Peacock Hand Warmer is also a nice luxury to have on you when it's really cold :)

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

A top-notch sleeping bag is well worth the money. I'd also thoroughly recommend getting a pair of these, complete with the top. For less than £25, you can't go wrong. I've had mine for ages and wear them a lot, both for fishing and for dog walking.

The Peacock Hand Warmer is also a nice luxury to have on you when it's really cold :)

thanks guys - I have trakker Big Z which is an ace bag. I also have a chub water proof over blanket for it.