Campsite on the banks of a Canal or River ?

g4fne

Hi Folks.

I'm looking for a campsite :)

The ideal scenario is to have direct access to a canal that doesnt have a close season, that i can fish on a day ticket or for free :o

Failing that, a river or canal that does enjoy a close season & i will have to go after 16th June :(

Area - Anywhere thats within 2-3 hours of Kent.

Campsite - Small & quiet would be the ideal (just me the missus & Dog in a tent), but must have at least showers & toilets.

I can find very little in Kent so having to spread my wings a little.

Any info gratefully recieved

NB : I will also consider a stillwater as a last resort, so if anyone aware of any gems, where i can dangle my very underused waggler, i'm happy to take the info aswell

Edited by g4fne

Anchor Meadow on the Warcs Avon at Harvington is nice but no showers toilets etc. Just a little before you get there though is Meadow Farm campsite which has all mod cons.A couple of sites on the Severn at both Bewdly and Hampton Loade.

Plenty of still water ones in SE but as you say not any good river ones I can think of and the only cannal one I know has a closed season (SSI).

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Anchor Meadow on the Warcs Avon at Harvington is nice but no showers toilets etc. Just a little before you get there though is Meadow Farm campsite which has all mod cons.A couple of sites on the Severn at both Bewdly and Hampton Loade.

Plenty of still water ones in SE but as you say not any good river ones I can think of and the only cannal one I know has a closed season (SSI).

Thankyou ... i will search them out. I will also consider stillwaters but at a last resort

Billing aqua drome (river nene , Loads of lakes ) Northampton

Emberton park (river ouse , Lakes ) Olney buckinghamshire

Cosgrove park (grand union Canal , Lakes ) Milton keynes

sure the lea and the Thames will have camp sites next o them

there's one by the Avon just outside Stratford dont know any details though

everytime i catch a fish i'm lucky when i blank i'm a hopeless angler.