Photo Competition February 2010

Steve Randles

Congratulations to Janet in winning Photo of the month for February with her photo "The boatyard", here are all the entrants photo's and finish scores, highest first.

BOATYARD_AN.jpg

The boatyard

by Janet

Score : 226

HORSE_800.jpg

Horse

by Janet

Score : 145

Dragon_dance_1_reduced.jpg

Dragon Dance

by snatcher

Score : 130

max.jpg

Max

by Rich_

Score : 113

BEACHED_800.JPG

Beached...

by Janet

chopper_rescue.jpg

Helicopter in Flight

by Clifftop

Beetle_head.jpg

Beetle head on

by Clifftop

Score : 98

Valentines_Day.jpg

Be my Valentine

by snatcher

Score : 49

Drawing_4_reduced.jpg

Chinese Artistry

by snatcher

Beetle_body.jpg

Beetle on SIL arm

by Clifftop

chopper_rescue_2.jpg

Rescue Helicopter

by Clifftop

CYGNET_800.jpg

Cygnet grooming

by Janet

Score : 0

end_of_the_line.jpg

End of the line

by Dog Fish

Score : 0

Apologies for late posting...have been offline due to ongoing local exchange problems.

Steve...:)

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

Nice one Janet,a winner all the way for me :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: Come on team,lets have a few more entries in for March :rolleyes:

John

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Thank you John. I'm chuffed to bits to win, but I agree, it would have been better to have had rather more entries. It really was a disappointing turnout this month. Where the heck is everybody these days?

I have to give much of the credit and a huge, huge, massive thank you to Steve for his photography course on Focal Planet. :clap:

I firmly believe that I wouldn't have got this shot without the confidence and the knowledge I've acquired over the last few weeks. It was taken after three long weeks of using manual only...no cropping and no PP allowed - it's been a huge learning curve for me... :wallbash:

...and you know what? I'm still on fully manual settings on my camera! I think I've used the auto setting only three or four times since, purely for comparison purposes against my manual setting choices. At last I'm beginning to feel really comfortable with my camera. I still have to think a lot, and take my time to get it right, but it's getting quicker and more intuitive as I go along. I haven't had the slightest inclination to switch back to auto. I do use AP a bit, but nine times out of ten it's manual.

At last, I'm getting there!

Janet

Thank you John. I'm chuffed to bits to win, but I agree, it would have been better to have had rather more entries. It really was a disappointing turnout this month. Where the heck is everybody these days?

I have to give much of the credit and a huge, huge, massive thank you to Steve for his photography course on Focal Planet. :clap:

I firmly believe that I wouldn't have got this shot without the confidence and the knowledge I've acquired over the last few weeks. It was taken after three long weeks of using manual only...no cropping and no PP allowed - it's been a huge learning curve for me... :wallbash:

...and you know what? I'm still on fully manual settings on my camera! I think I've used the auto setting only three or four times since, purely for comparison purposes against my manual setting choices. At last I'm beginning to feel really comfortable with my camera. I still have to think a lot, and take my time to get it right, but it's getting quicker and more intuitive as I go along. I haven't had the slightest inclination to switch back to auto. I do use AP a bit, but nine times out of ten it's manual.

At last, I'm getting there!

Janet

congratulations janet on winning feb comp. :camera::1a::clap:

like you i am mainly manual now with the auto for comparison

my mind not only wanders-- sometimes it leaves completely.

Updated 7/3/09

http://sites.google.com/site/pomfred/