The CA again!!

Peter Waller

LOL, forget the technicalities! It's how the general public see it.

The key is, Fluffy little Animals (I'm talking Fluffy little Animals with four legs here) are perceived by the public in a totally different way to 'slimy' fish. That's the key... the CA would bring us down, weaken us.

Take Stag hunting... creeping up and shooting this thing in the leg with a sawn off Shotgun, chasing it for miles and miles, blah blah blah.

All the general public who are sensible (e.g not insane) see this as cruel and not at all comparible with Fishing.

Of course the CA know this! LOL.. they just want to build a strong a case as they can, and will use us Anglers. They *know* they would weaken us!

Stand firm fellow Anglers we *don't* want them.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Barbless, spot on.

The postings of atleast two people on this thread leaves me wondering as to what their agenda is.

A serious question to those who support the CA.

Do you seriously think that the public sees 'angling' in a better or worse light because of our connections with the fox hunting lobby?

And another serious question. If coarse fishing was in the front line with fox hunting where angling is now, do you seriously think that the fox hunters would help angling?

Yes Mike, I do know what a quadruped is! In refering to an animal as having a leg at each corner I had in mind a description of a horse by C.S.Forrester in one of the Hornblower books.

barbless, I assume your tongue was firmly in your cheek, when you described stag hunting as,

" Take Stag hunting... creeping up and shooting this thing in the leg with a sawn off Shotgun, chasing it for miles and miles, blah blah blah."

Peter, whenever you raise the topic of the CA, please note that the "new posters" who appear, (including the so called reformed shooters :rolleyes: ), are always Anti the CA.

Perhaps its their agenda you should be questionaing.

All the other contributers could be described as "regulars".

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

Cranfield:

barbless, I assume your tongue was firmly in your cheek, when you described stag hunting as,

" Take Stag hunting... creeping up and shooting this thing in the leg with a sawn off Shotgun, chasing it for miles and miles, blah blah blah."

Hi Cranfield. I wish I was. Although this may not be the norm, these are the pictures that the public will see when these private videos are shown on TV.

Peter, never assume that the "enemy" of your "enemy", is your friend.

When the techno babble of the Anti propaganda machine, convinces these people that fish feel pain, they will turn on you.

barbless, when and where are these private videos that you know so much about (one could ask how ?), appearing on TV ?

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

barblesss:

Originally posted by Cranfield:

[qb] barbless, I assume your tongue was firmly in your cheek, when you described stag hunting as,

Hi Cranfield. I wish I was. Although this may not be the norm, these are the pictures that the public will see when these private videos are shown on TV. I saw clips of a hunt on TV (BBC) which showed a hunt like this. A private video thing. A guy crept up on the animal, shot it at fairly close range. The poor thing eventually ended up in a river (many hours later according to the narrator), dogs 'n all. It was unbelievable and distressing and I'm hardly squeamish. Like I say, maybe not the norm.. I woudn't know thank goodness, but not the point.

Cranfield I take your point about enemies of an enemy not being a friend. I would guess that you and I both have read between the lines of some of our fellow posters on this thread. Their agenda is pretty clear.

But I would also regard an angler who is a CA supporter, well meaning or otherwise, as an enemy of angling. You already know that I am passionately opposed to hunting with hounds, as, I firmly believe, are the majority of the country. To link angling to such hunting is seriously damaging to angling, or so I feel.

If we believe CA figures then anti versus support for hunting, on the widest front, e.g. shooting, in the UK is about 50/50, and I'm happy to accept that. What the CA propaganda fails to tell us is what the actual support percentage for hunting with hounds is. I don't believe that it very high, and to link angling to that faction is totally unacceptable to very many anglers.

[ 29. July 2004, 08:49 AM: Message edited by: Peter Waller ]

"And another serious question. If coarse fishing was in the front line with fox hunting where angling is now, do you seriously think that the fox hunters would help angling? "

yes peter i think they would, by using the same rationale that we should be in that its the start point. once one goes pete do you expect that the anti field sports people will say oh well thats great, we have got that banned, now we will pack up and go home?

of course not, they will move to their next target, probably shooting. now it may be many years before they get it banned but the drip, drip into the media and changing of public perception through increasingly making the sport seem very un PC will take place as it has with fox hunting.

we all sit here thinking angling is safe, possibly it is for many years but remember once upon a time all the sports that we have banned or are seeking to ban were seen as acceptable. it is only a matter of public perception, times change, attitudes change, and angling is NOT immune from that.

and there is no hidden agenda here, i just want to carry on fishing.

Mark Barrett

buy the PAC30 book at www.pacshop.co.uk

"I've been a member of the BFSS since it was created and a member of WAGBI (its precursor) for many years prior to that, and I can assure all that I've never seen any evidence that the BFSS promotes 'killing for kicks'".

Hare Coarsening, Fox Hunting?

And who was it, if not members of the BFSS, and its supporters, who contributed to the demise of the otter?

...or do they do it for the good of the animals?

Tight Lines,

Wearyone