The CA again!!

Peter Waller

I am not against the control of vermin, animal or otherwise. In reality I don't suppose many people are.

Do the RSPB invite the local 'hunt' in to control foxes Jim? No, I thought not. I wonder why? Perhaps linking the RSPB to those who hunt foxes with dogs would be seen to damage the public perception of the RSPB. Why should angling be any different?

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could the hunter's turn their attention to Mink?

No because they are furry and four legged again the 'sympathy vote' would be for the furry mammal.

Why are some ‘anti’s so ‘pro’ one species of vermin but do not worry about the mice their cat takes (or Birds!) or even the rabbits their dog might chase.

I think a lot of meat food production is much more ‘cruel’ than a hunt and the way fishes die in a trawl pretty grim but still the ‘cute furry mammal’ wins – a very ‘disneyesque’ view of the animal world in my opinion!

As far as the CA supporting angling, I have no problem with it, I doubt if most ‘game’ anglers do, Sea anglers seem to detest any representatives so they probably don’t care! As for coarse anglers – I think they need to wake up & smell the ‘anti’s’ before coming out in support of those who wish all so called ‘animal abuse’ banned, & yes fish ARE animals.

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.

I have a friend who was once reported to the RSPCA for feeding LIVE insects and worms to chickens he kept in his back garden. Some do-gooder had reported him. The RSPCA guy who came out said he should kill the creatures before feeding them to the chicks.

But having said the above, I still would not wish to be associated with the C.A.

Is using maggots and worms 'livebaiting'?

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.

what really pisses me off about this whole debate is those that wish fox hunting banned as they dont like it.

fine in that case dont do it, but i think pushing your views onto others is sicker than any hunt.

oh and by the way, you wouldnt be able to switch to mink as the law bans hunting with dogs, so no hare coursing mink hunting or anything similar.

i dont fox hunt, i could never bring myself to even shoot a fox, even though i do shoot, its a matter of personal morality/ taste. i dont want to so i dont do it, its called freedom of choice and a hell of a lot of people died to maintain it.

Mark Barrett

buy the PAC30 book at www.pacshop.co.uk

GlennB:

Jim -

As a matter of interest, what percentage of the UK's fox population ever even gets a sniff of a pack of hounds?

No idea, but the foxes in the country, where they are hunted, are healthier than the foxes in towns, I suspect.

http://www.btinternet.com/~countryside.web...vice/mapkey.htm

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

Jim Roper:

Jim Roper:

Jim -

As a matter of interest, what percentage of the UK's fox population ever even gets a sniff of a pack of hounds?

No idea, but the foxes in the country, where they are hunted, are healthier than the foxes in towns, I suspect.

I'd hazard a guess that maybe 1% (max) of the country's foxes ever encounter a hunt in their entire lives.

Hunting with hounds is nothing to do with population control. If it were, why would some hunts preserve - and even create - fox breeding sanctuaries?. By all means stand up and do what you're entitled to do (until the law changes) but please don't hide behind tacky justifications. Fox hunters hunt because they enjoy it . Their specious 'logic' is just an irritation.

Grow up. Be a man. Stop talking plausible crap in the hope you impress someone.

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

I think a lot of people who 'don't like hunting' really don't like 'the people' who hunt more than the act itself (a heck of a lot of the drivel on 'anti' sites is 'person' bashing), It would be a sad day indeed if something was banned just because we don't 'like' those who do it (you see allsorts on the bankside, myself included!)

Mind you when you meet some of the 'aresholes' who 'follow' footie then maybe there could be an exception!

Mark, yes I do want to see hunting with dogs banned. No, that wasn't the point of the thread. I am sorry if you saw it that way.

Your point about freedom, are you suggesting we should be free to do just as we wish? No, of course not. Some things are unacceptable to a civilised society.

Thankfully a freedom to express an alternative opinion is still generally acceptable!

There have to be reasonable levels of behavior, and I do not believe that in this day and age that killing animals with dogs is any longer acceptable. I do not believe it is in Angling's best interests to be linked with such activities.

I am pleased to see that that opinion is supported within the hallowed pages of the SAA magazine!

The whole point of the thread, as I saw it, was not my personal agenda on hunting, but whether the publics' perception of angling was being damaged by the CA's Campaign for Angling.

I am not comfortable with the CA's association with angling. That was the whole point of my posting. I believe that our cause is being damaged by the CA, uninvited, fighting our corner.

Hands up all stillwater fishery owners that would like Peter Waller to represent their interests.

Hands up all livebait users that would like Peter Waller to represent their interests.

I have never said that hunting is the most efficient way of controlling fox numbers, but it is the most natural method available of maintaining a fit and healthy fox population.

I would happily spend the rest of my days killing foxes in what ever way I could. I am the sort of person that hunting people hate.

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net