The CA again!!

Peter Waller

Mmmmm, no time to digest all of this thread, but I think I have the gist of it.

In all honesty I'm with Peter on this one. I don't think I want the "Fox Hunter" brigade to represent me as an angler. Fox hunting holds no personal interest for me, and I'm not really with or against it. It seems they are in some dire trouble and as such I think that angling should disassociate itself from it or run the risk of being tarred with the same brush and be drawn along with them.

They, the C.A. may well have anglers among their numbers, and why not it's their prerogative, but I am not, and therefore the C.A. no matter who runs it, does not represent me as an angler.

As I distance myself from the C.A. who can I say represents me the NFA, SAA. PAC?

No, I am the only one that represents me at this present time. If any or all of the above would like to represent me, I invite them to show the benefit of such representation, to me, as an angler, and not just to swell their membership or their coffers.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peter, I am not attempting to strengthen an "argument".

There is no "argument".

The most sensible thing you have said in this thread is,

"But it doesn't matter a jot what I think, its what the general public thinks that matters. And that is what worries me."

My point is, that the general public may not be able to tell the difference between the fox and the rainbow trout, after the "animal rights" activists have finished with their publicity campaign....Remember Nemo.

We do need a national organisation to represent Anglers.

The mish mash we have at the moment, ain't doing it effectively.

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

quote:

Time to go out & feed the foxes. And no, I'm not joking. I have ma, pa and two cubs resident in my garden. And woe betide anyone who tries to kill them.

quote:

I am not against the control of vermin, animal or otherwise. In reality I don't suppose many people are.

So not only are fish not animals but Foxes are no longer vermin!

Peter you provide oxygen to those who would 'do' for angling what they wish to 'do' for hunting.

Go and look at the 'lobby' groups (I would call them terrorist groups) behind the 'anti' hunting brigade. When you have found any that are 'anti' hunting and 'pro' angling please let us know!

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.

Cranfield:

The most sensible thing you have said in this thread is,

"But it doesn't matter a jot what I think, its what the general public thinks that matters.

And the general public don't in the main give a toss about angling. However, fox hunting is Massively unpopular. why Well foxes are cute aren’t they and they look a bit like dogs and this is a nation of dog lovers or hadn’t you noticed. Also the public perception of people who go fox hunting is that they are a bunch of toffs who can afford to ride around horses shouting ‘tally ho’. Whereas anglers are a bunch of loonies who sit by the canal and grimly watch a float only to put the fish back at the end of the day. They perceive animal rights activists as a bunch of extremists who go around saying that meat is murder which, lets face it is not going to sit well in a society who love their roast beef and burger and chips.

IMHO I don’t think we have any thing to fear from the general public.

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/

Still no postings from stillwater owners and livebaiters, wishin Peter Waller to represent their interests.

People who hunt encourage habitat that encourages breeding of many forms of wildlife as well as foxes.

I have no doubt that keepers might be sympathetic to schemes that provide habitat for foxes to be harboured on a part of their patch(if it is large enough) that is hunted, perhaps by their employer, whilst killing them in any way they can around their pheasant coverts.

There is proportionally more orchestrated cruelty in make so-called wildlife films for joe public to 'enjoy' than there is in hunting.

[ 04. August 2004, 03:47 PM: Message edited by: Jim Roper ]

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

There's one then, countered by me, who wouldn't!

Where do you livebait, and for what species?

[ 04. August 2004, 04:52 PM: Message edited by: Jim Roper ]

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

Wow!Some debate...I feel i need to do some homework before making any serious comments.

But for the moment i'd like to say we're living in a country where political correctness has gone haywire, and should angling ever be banned, then i shall enjoy watching them come to arrest me at first light in some dark hidden corner of the countryside.(The fines will be the new peg fees).

Our strengh is our variety & numbers, we have one of the biggest paticipant sports in the country, from children to celebrities and everything in between and while that remains the norm i feel we're safe from anyone.

Let's concentrate on our own image. :confused: :D