The CA again!!

Peter Waller

I don't know it all Nature Boy, I never shall! I can only comment as to how I see things.

Brian, I am sorry that you still see my repl;y as evasive! Its not intended to be. I really thought that I had made my reasoning clear when I apologised some 12 postings ago!

Let me try again! The CA has its Campaign for Angling, plain and simple, and without any stated exclusions whatsoever. Therefore, by inference, that campaign includes all of us who are anglers, whether we wish to be included or not. I'm sorry Brian, I can't make it any clearer. If that does not answer your question then, regretfully, you'll just have to be disappointed in my evasive response!

Yes, another new poster! Hi and welcome to our tired debate Malcolm. Your timely response is appreciated, atleast by me!

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is going nowhere fast (except downhill). If it doesn't get friendly now, it gets locked....

Tight lines

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

just read the llf story if it wasnt so serious it would be funny something right out of monty python .What are these bumholes on .Im sure that the lobsters are not in a position to appreciate what is being done for them so why do they bother talk about lost causes :confused:

[ 01. August 2004, 07:44 AM: Message edited by: rob.i ]

when you think you know everything think again....

Without controls such as legislation and hunting, we would be over-run by vermin, both in the animal world and the human race.

EVEN A.N. HAS MODERATORS!

Criminals, Herring Gulls, Foxes, Cormorants, Mink, Social-Security scroungers, Rats, Politicians, Crows, Lawyers, Magpies, they all need controlling.

Without hunting, the fox population would be a lot worse off through suffering.

In nature, nothing dies of old age. When it can no longer look after itself, an animal is eaten by something else, usually while it is still living in the case of foxes, now that the wolf packs are all gone.

In north America the fox population is kept under control by packs of larger Coyotes. In this country, hound packs do the same, if allowed.

If foxes do not need controlling, why do the RSPB do it. Why does the un-marked white van from the Bristol area bring urban foxes into the country to dump them on pheasant shoots?

[ 01. August 2004, 03:10 PM: Message edited by: Jim Roper ]

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

Jim Roper:

Without hunting, the fox population would be a lot worse off through suffering.

" Prof Harris said: "This study found that fox numbers were more heavily influenced by habitat. This suggests that there is no reason to expect fox numbers to rise when hunting is banned."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,...1270368,00.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/2235775.stm

TL - leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

There has never been a fox hunt on Portland, but a few years ago, several pet dogs were poisoned by bait put out for foxes. There are no gamekeepers on Portland! Just ordinary people that are fed up with all the foxes.

The fox population has now been 'controlled naturally' by mange.

Any fox that can no longer keep itself clean, will eventually get fly-blown and eaten by maggots.

Any fox damaged in an accident will be consumed alive by gangrene and the associated bacteria.

More suffering, but fewer people will see it to worry about it.

There are more efficient means of controlling fox numbers. Snares do a much better job, but the odd cat and a lot of badgers will get caught by them.

The RSPB pays someone to control foxes, crows and magpies on the Somerset levels, with a condition that all evidence of the activity is destroyed, a local water engineer tells me.

Hunting leaves the fittest, healthiest, craftiest foxes to survive and breed. I think everyone would want that!

The turd collectors think otherwise.

[ 01. August 2004, 03:48 PM: Message edited by: Jim Roper ]

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net