The CA again!!

Peter Waller

Jim Roper:

I have never said that hunting is the most efficient way of controlling fox numbers, but it is the most natural method available of maintaining a fit and healthy fox population.

I would happily spend the rest of my days killing foxes in what ever way I could. I am the sort of person that hunting people hate.

Jim - you've yet to explain why some hunts encourage fox breeding.

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pete, theres no ill feeling on that one mate, i think we will have to agree to disagree on this one as we are without doubt poles apart on this one fella!!!

glenn, the reason some hunts encourage breeding is the same reason that all field sports encourage breeding, without breeding, there is no sport and the aim is control, not extermination.

Mark Barrett

buy the PAC30 book at www.pacshop.co.uk

Er Jim, I have represented still water fishery owners and no one complained, at the time or since!

Whilst I don't choose to livebait I do represent livebait users on the Broads, and hope to continue to do so! I sit both on the Broads Authority and on the Broads Anglers Strategy Group, a body that advises both the EA and the Broads Authority. Perhaps you never read Pike & Predators magazine when the Norfolk Wildlife Trust banned livebaiting on the upper Thurne. I even pledged £1000.00 to a fighting fund.

Interesting quote in a recent Anglers Mail from CA Chief Executive Simon Hart, 'We have long argued for coherent legislation on animal welfare and have always promoted the duty of care that man owes to animals.' Ummmmmmmm, like killing foxes with dogs.

But it doesn't matter a jot what I think, its what the general public thinks that matters. And that is what worries me.

mark barrett:

the reason some hunts encourage breeding is the same reason that all field sports encourage breeding, without breeding, there is no sport and the aim is control, not extermination.

As that is the case then the Hunt should stop trying to justify their activities by calling the fox a 'vermin'.

Mark, we are poles apart. That is not the issue really. Its how the public perceives fox hunting as an outdated and inhuman activity that matters.

mark barrett:

glenn, the reason some hunts encourage breeding is the same reason that all field sports encourage breeding, without breeding, there is no sport and the aim is control, not extermination.

So if a market gardener encouraged "vermin" rabbits to breed locally, then proceeded to hunt them to control the rabbit population, that would be OK?

Makes no sense to me.

GlennB, So, if a Fishery Owner bred and released rainbow trout and then allowed people to hunt them and kill them, that would be OK ?

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

Cranfield:

GlennB, So, if a Fishery Owner bred and released rainbow trout and then allowed people to hunt them and kill them, that would be OK ?

Who eats foxes?

Cranfield:

Who mentioned eating ?

Nobody. I presumed the killing would lead to the table.

If you killed the stockie rainbows and just chucked them in the litter bin you'd want your head examined, imo (and I don't know if the fishery owner would be too impressed).

[ 02. August 2004, 11:25 PM: Message edited by: GlennB ]

I'm sorry Cranfield, I don't think that comparing rainbow trout with foxes is strengthening your arguement a great deal!

Its not the killing of foxes that is the issue. It is the way that the fox is killed, and the ethos behind the hunt that is the problem for many anglers and the public at large.