The CA again!!

Peter Waller

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so the CA gets a slating again, because it is using anglers to bolster its public image. well isnt that politics?

and the assertion is made that by aligning with the CA and fox hunting we will be doing angling as a whole harm, well i disagree. if as i do you fish in a town centre from time to time you will get comments like are you going to eat them etc all the time.

a vast proportion of the general public sees angling as a bloodsport. to a point maybe we are. but if anyone really thinks that when the focus turns onto angling which will be an inevitable if somewhat far off, that miraculously all the division and in fighting will suddenly dissapear then they are truly living in cloud cuckoo land.

the thing that the CA brings to the party is great PR abilities, fighting a far harder case, money, influence. we are arguing that angling will suffer from being aligned with the CA and they are only using our weight of numbers, well why not let them do so because we can use them as a buffer to angling coming under the spotlight?

Mark Barrett

buy the PAC30 book at www.pacshop.co.uk

The fastest way to lose any battle with this or any govenment and then in the long run the war is to argue and bicker amoungt ourselves,remember divide and conquer.

what is one persons approach to a potential problem may not be anothers but the main issue is the individuals freedom to persue their legal sports and pastimes without interference from so called do-gooders who have no or little understanding other than they will wish to oppose.

Who would have thought 20 years ago the Trade Unions of this once Great country would become the Kitten play thing of any Government even a labour one.

Beware fight amoungt ourselves at the peril of our sport.

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

I personally do not see why anglers should be associated with pleasure hunters. There is a real differnce to me in the two pursuits. No good will come of us being dragged in to try and justify their cause. Only bad publicity for us.

A bad days fishing is better than a good day at the office. Tight lines all.

I get a little bit confused by the 'It won't happen to us brigade' in angling, Coarse anglers have got to realise that the first area that the anti's will attack will be those who fish only for 'pleasure' and not those who eat their catch, It's obvious that at least the 'killer's' have a 'reason' to fish.

It would be a long time before their vegan utopia could be foisted upon the public and they will have to ban all mammal farming before they can tackle fishing for food.

The CA has a traditional ally in the game anglers as in the past many game anglers also shot and even rode the hunt, hence the relationship has developed to now include other 'angling' forms.

Wearyone:-

Charles Jardine is a well respected angler and author in the game fishing arena - many game anglers would not know who Ian Heaps is but to game anglers CJ is the dogs dodahs! I am pleased that so many respected coarse anglers left their blinkers at home and ‘threw their hats’ in the CA ring.

I'm a ‘country boy’ & yes I do know about the 'dodgy' things hunts have got up to in the past but when you see the acts of terrorism carried out by those who are behind the anti pressure groups you realise the threat to angling is very real. We have had scientists murdered, Razors and other nasty's in the mail to the old BFSS chairman and physical attacks on his family (he still checks his car before he gets in after 20years!) as well as the arson attacks on shops and farms and the plain stupid acts of mink ‘liberation’, - the people who carry out these 'protests' consider what they do to be 'political' acts and therefore 'justifiable', to them attacking coarse anglers will become 'sport'!

I’m not saying – give the CA your money – although as other’s have pointed out if there was a ‘fishy’ incentive to join I bet loads would!

No, I’m saying ‘stop knocking them’, Don’t sign the petition’s from anti and so called ‘animal’ charities, & certainly don’t sign up with any ‘animal’ ‘chuggers ’ who mug you outside Boots.

Your MP generally gets more letter’s from the ‘anti’ brigade than any other lobby, make sure he gets some pro ones as well.

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.

Something is either alive, or dead, some might add a third catagory of virus.

If alive it is either an animal or a plant, although some would add catagories for some single cell organisms and also fungi.

If anyone at the moment thinks some bolt hole for angling exists because a fish is not animal then they are in for a very nasty shock.

I will say that over years I have encountered many individuals who associate the term animal with furry and four limbs. Hopefully one government one day will sort out our education system.

Still support Peter's view as I did in other threads. Its all about right to represent angling and exploitation of anglings critical mass for non angling causes that do not have that critical mass and are at an extreme end of the blood sport spectrum, given the dictionary definitions given above.

However I have put my whole IQ point into considering the matter further. I suggest a convergence between the blood sports, particularly the hunting catagories, and angling. The point being that in exchange for our support and convergence both angling and the hunting communitiies will implement mandatory catch and release.

Cheers

Criticising a chap's Country Sports stance is acceptable.

However,criticising his use of apostrophe's and comma's, is hitting below the belt. :(

I am deeply offended, consider it pedantic and may not return to this site for some time. :rolleyes:

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

Yes weve been getting it all wrong! ban ' & , and leave huntn/shootn&fishn alone! :D

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.