E.A. Powers Of Access?

Elton

You may not like it but the power to "enter remain upon and traverse any lands...adjoining or near to any waters within the [river authority area] for the purpose of preventing any offence" is enshrined in law. EA bailiffs have the power of constables in this instance.

Good job we never see one these days then I suppose!

Edited by BUDGIE

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good job we never see one these days then I suppose!

:lol:

From looking at other forums I get the feeling that EA baliffs are a bit more common these days, but only at commercial-type waters. Makes sense I suppose, if you've got limited baliffs then they go where most of the people are.

On the upper Ouse on the penultimate last day I was actually checked for a club book, the first time for many seasons I've had to show any license at all!

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Err....the club I bailiff for requires me to ask to see the anglers EA licence along with their club book. If they don't want to show me their EA licence or haven't got one then they have to leave the waters.

I have to say I don't agree with the rod licence but if I've gotta get one ........ :D

If they want to show you their licence then fairplay to them but you have no legal right to ask to view it , I bailiff for a big club and one of the membership rules is that all members must be in possession of EA licence(s) for the number of rods they are using but that doesn't give me the right to ask to see them

Much as I hate comercial fisheries, I do tend to think that it would save a lot of hastle if they could be allowed to pay a one off anual charge to the EA and open themselves up to anglers who don't hold an individual licence.

This sport is dying on its feet and unless it is made easy to fish legally maybe just once or twice a year, it is doomed.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

If they want to show you their licence then fairplay to them but you have no legal right to ask to view it , I bailiff for a big club and one of the membership rules is that all members must be in possession of EA licence(s) for the number of rods they are using but that doesn't give me the right to ask to see them

The rules of the club says they show their EA licence (game or coarse) to the bailiffs or leave the water.....simples. I ain't gonna argue with the club it's their rule not mine, but I've gotta follow it.

As I've said many times on the forum I think the rod licence is just another way for the government to tax people and am totally against it but who am I to argue.

No excuse claiming ignorance these days.

A quick search on the net could have saved a hefty fine.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

the EA bailiff can do anything they wish and frequently do ,my old next door neighbour spent a large amount of money trying to stop them going onto his land and taking every fish that was in his river (ok the water on his land) much to his disgust .

being a government body it and the government can do pretty much what they want.

a licence is needed to fish any water even in your back garden with rod or line and probably nets.

if the club asked me to examine licences i would retire i am NOT going to be a government tax enforcer ,the club could easily do it by insisting its shown on buying a club permit if it wished ,i dont care if anglers have one or not its a tax on a hobby

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Many years ago some private fisheries had general licenses covering all anglers on their water but I doubt if such a thing exists today.

It most certainly does still apply down here in Devon, unless it has been changed for the start of the new licencing year.

Del.

Founder Member OFC.

Meldrew Lives

3863705131.jpg

I Do Believe It.

Bewl Water used to have a block licence to cover anglkers fishing there on a day ticket but this was back in the days of Southern Water and then the NRA.Cant remember them having one under EA though.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Years ago Narborough trout fishery in Norfolk had a block license too, but then they stopped - don't know why.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music