HEY! Has anyone fished duddingston Loch in Edinburgh

Nick88

Hi

I have been wanting to try my hand at a bit of carp fishing for a while but living in scotland options are pretty limited!

I know markle fisheries have carp but there is that many kids running round all the time i think it would be pretty difficult to catch 1,plus if you catch a trout you have to pay for it and i really cant be doing with that.

Someone put me on to duddingston loch and i asked one of the guys in my local tackle shop about it and he said there are fish there but theres not much chance of catching.

Im wondering if anyone could tell me otherwise because id really love to give it a go!!! :D

Cheers!!

have u not tried lookin at the boarders of england and scotland maybe there are some carp lakes! i will have alook on the net to see if there is any carp lakes in scotland but where are u??

will let u know if any thing comes up!

tight lines

martin

To fish or not to fish? That is the question!!!

PB Commom 30lbs (UK)

PB Mirror 27lbs 4oz (UK)

PB Ghost Mirror 15lbs 6oz (UK)

PB Mirror 46lbs 6oz (FRENCH)

first get onto the Scottish carp group website ,you will find all the info you require for carp fishing up here,

duddingston has some pretty impressive carp the Permit is free from the ranger station within holyrood park( Don't Enter the Park with any form of commercial vehicle it will be impounded immediately )

here's a link to the SCG site forums Click Here

good luck btw you Don't require a rod licence up here

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif

have u not tried lookin at the boarders of england and scotland maybe there are some carp lakes! i will have alook on the net to see if there is any carp lakes in scotland but where are u??

will let u know if any thing comes up!

tight lines

martin

I dont have a car so where i can go is pretty limited,but duddingston loch is only about a 20 minute walk from my girlfriends flat.

I personally live in Port Seton wich is about 12 miles from Edinburgh City Centre.

But it would be good to know where else i could fish apart from duddingston,thanks for looking stuff up for me!!b :)

Cheers

Nick

first get onto the Scottish carp group website ,you will find all the info you require for carp fishing up here,

duddingston has some pretty impressive carp the Permit is free from the ranger station within holyrood park( Don't Enter the Park with any form of commercial vehicle it will be impounded immediately )

here's a link to the SCG site forums Click Here

good luck btw you Don't require a rod licence up here

Thanks alot ill check out that site! :)

Cheers

Nick

Thanks alot ill check out that site! :)

Cheers

Nick

you could always have a look on this site

http://www.scottishcarpgroup.co.uk/

To fish or not to fish? That is the question!!!

PB Commom 30lbs (UK)

PB Mirror 27lbs 4oz (UK)

PB Ghost Mirror 15lbs 6oz (UK)

PB Mirror 46lbs 6oz (FRENCH)

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Join the Scottish Federation for Course Anglers cost about £5-£6 gives you permit for fish union and forth canals sure I have read there are carp in the union canal.

there are carp in both Union and the Forth& Clyde canals plus some Bream Tench Rudd Roach Pike Perch even Brown Trout

or try www.scottscoarseangling.co.uk/ look on there forum

Edited by peterpikefisher

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

you could always have a look on this site

http://www.scottishcarpgroup.co.uk/

nice one mate same site as i said in my reply :rtfm::bigemo_harabe_net-163:

cpranim.gif

• 1 month later...

Hey all am an english guy a love coarse fishing having moved to edinburgh i was asking the fishing shops about carping but I aint travelling with all my gear so for a while I've been see fishing its bloody awfull so a pal told me about duddingston loch I got my permit on thursday wich is free and lasts a year a went up to duddingston loch about 12:00 after a couple hours a reeled in a 18lb carp and also a good size roach but it varies on your pegs and can onli fish one certain spot and that's the north side I'm trying to find out more about dunsapie loch has any1 fished it

post-25630-0-85972000-1365424177_thumb.jpg

post-25630-0-01098200-1365424337_thumb.jpg

post-25630-11980_thumb.jpg