Have you seen any kingfishers or herons?

Kappa

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just seen this rather worrying article, has anyone noticed any drop in heron or kingfisher numbers?

I can't remember seeing either so far this year....

Rich

Saw Kingfishers at Blenheim a couple of weeks back and again on the Kennet last Sunday so for me sightings have been fairly regular. Not really sure how often I should be seeing them though, I regard sightings as something of a treat but maybe they should be all over the place?

I haven't seen any Herons recently.

Edited by Rusty

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Ive seen kingfishers occasionally zooming past up and down our Hertfordshire stream recently, I havent seen any Herons yet though.

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

I've seen a couple of herons around the Thames here, but no kingfishers yet. I hope the prediction is not true, kingfishers are one of the real joys of being by the water. I saw loads of them last year, all over the place.

I heard on the radio this morning that it is feared that we may have lost 90% of our wren population in the severe winter too :(

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I've seen a couple of herons around the Thames here, but no kingfishers yet. I hope the prediction is not true, kingfishers are one of the real joys of being by the water. I saw loads of them last year, all over the place.

I heard on the radio this morning that it is feared that we may have lost 90% of our wren population in the severe winter too :(

I did see a wren at the weekend! I do hope its not all the doom and gloom predicted!

Rich