new MOT checklist entry

billy50000

Hi all

Well i went for the dreaded MOT today and my almost pristine audi 80 1992 failed!!!!

Ive done allot of work on this car!

headgasket

belts

new waterpump and thermostat

reconditioned the driveshafts and replaced cv boots etc

anti roll bars/balljoints

rockerbox gasket(which has an annoying habit of leaking despite what you do with gasket blue or spanners etc

replaced normal leads with megaleads

distributer cap

airfilter and hoses

cleaned the carb inside and out

cheaked the exhust and fixed where needed(firepaste)damn speed bumps knock it around!!!:(

well id say i know this car very well and today was the news i knew was going to surface!!

macfear strut mounts(the bushes at the top)

other than the struts its all advisorys! but the one thing i did have to laugh at was the new rule about having a satnav cradle fixed to the window!!!

even a sticker(very small 1cm or so)sticker across the A view(dont know many kids that id miss hidden by a cradle in the center bottom of the screen!!!(maybe for small bugs protection?:)

plus ive seen worse in the rear parcel shelf of peoples cars!!!bloomin soft toys

they would obscure the view from a kid standing behind the car(3-4ft kid)

no mention of that soft toy crap

basically take it off beforehand or move it over to the passengerside...

stupid really as the cradle does not affect my view of the road or anything else for that matter!!!

and another thing!!

why is it when you take a car in for its test,its always got light aim issues?

fair enough they can knock about over a year(maybe worse in a car of 18)but new cars have more plastic crap supporting the mounts around the lights

seems to me that this is an easy money op! and they even state that they will fix it for a tenner!(fair maybe)but i dont think ive ever had a car which didnt have this issue!

my landy had an aim prob and i took it home and had a look to see if i could fix it.

well the adjustor points were well rusted shut and wouldnt move so i gave it a tap and left it to fate!!

it passed!?:(:)

but overall im happy as ive only got this job to do on the car and its good for another 5-10 yrs:)

after this job, id have done this car from top to bottom and if i replace the wishbone and subframe bushes(over time) and shocks front and rear.

this car will outlive any new car from 5 years ago to even ones built today!

176 thou on the clock and going very strong after my gasket job and all bars are green on compression.

i could kill the damn fuel gauge though!!!(sender and clock)replace in that order!!(one day)

till then il have to remain an avid visitor to the climbing prices of the fuel station!:(more than normal:(

i want it back to 86p per litre:):):)

Edited by billy50000

sod everyone else,do it anyway:)

sod duck season lets have tvla season!

capita beware(thiefs with badges)

e7b81d_666666.gif

anphotologo.jpg

mines costing blooming £26 to get through the MOT ,two ball joints :angry:

ones in! the other i pick up tomorrow.

whilst waiting i overheard a phone conversation about a woman phoning up and asking if her 4 old car had passed ,it had failed but £800 would get it through :o :o :o plus the garage had F'd her central locking up :rolleyes:

"i want it back to 86p per litre:) smile.gif smile.gif "

i want it back at £1.26 a gallon i still owe a garage 26p because i said put a in a £s worth and he thought i said gallon :D i expect our more elderly members can remember it sold in bushels :D

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson