How F'ing Angry Does This Make You?

Dave B

Hi Barry Pulled a bit of political weight for you. It is sometimes useful being a councillor. Got this reply from Christcurch Hope it helps Cheers

Ivan Bell

Contents Manager

www.wildcard-whitby.com

Hi Ivan

Salmon apart, the main targeted beneficiary of our policy is sea trout.

Our problem is not casual anglers who we want to encourage as much as possible but the rogue anglers who use illegal methods and drift nets to catch large amounts of fish. We are carrying out extensive anti poaching patrols for 2 years(this is our second year) aimed solely at these one or two individuals. Regretably because we want to ensure a consistent approach, everyone has got caught up with this change but as indicated earlier we want to make this change only for a limited period bearing in mind we will look sympathetically at requests from some anglers at taking "one for the pot"

Yours sincerely

Mike

Mike Rhodes

Property and Recreation Services Manager

Bournemouth and West Hampshire Water PLC

tel 01202 444614

fax 01202 597051

Nice to see some facts for once. Makes a refreshing change from all the bull5hit spouted by angling groups. Funny how they failed to mention it was for a limited time only and the fishery owners were not against anglers taking one for the pot. Instead, as per usual, they claimed it as some sort of victory for the C&R extremist lobby.

I wonder what they'll have to say when it is reversed?

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

Nice to see some facts for once. Makes a refreshing change from all the bull5hit spouted by angling groups. Funny how they failed to mention it was for a limited time only and the fishery owners were not against anglers taking one for the pot. Instead, as per usual, they claimed it as some sort of victory for the C&R extremist lobby.

I wonder what they'll have to say when it is reversed?

Not quite factual Steve, a change of stance to reflect maybe, below i've copied the origional ban as stated by the same guy, there is no mention of a limited time, nor does it concentrate on the sea trout. Other specific specis are mentioned, so i suppose at the time they sexed up the origional to make it look good. And as far as decimating the stock, as outlined below, there is inference on records kept as the stock is in decline,according to them. There is only one reference to the stock and that is from the mullet mullers club. So as far as i'm concerned the whole of this debarcle was based on bullshine. The A T cannot dismiss this as nothing to do with them, they are very much in the frame as the link between them and the mullet club is too strong. Yet again another example of arrogance from a few, over a wide body of people,are they arrogant enough to think all are stupid. Answers really are required to tell the truth and the whole truth. Shameful.

Sorry for the long post, it is all relevent to the bullshine that they expect all rsa to accept.

quote the bullshine:

‘Catch and release’ plan to tackle illegal fishing

21 December 2009

All fishing in the Lower Stour and Christchurch Harbour is to change to ‘catch and release’ from

January 1 as part of a crackdown on illegal angling.

A fall in the stocks of sea trout, bass and mullet over the last decade has been blamed on an

increase in illegal fishing by rod and line and netting.

Anglers visiting the area are estimated to contribute more than £5 million to the Christchurch

economy with bed and breakfast, food and drink and angling related purchases also benefiting.

But there are fears that that this figure will be hit – and fish stocks continue to decline – unless

urgent action is taken to tackle illegal fishing

Now Bournemouth & West Hampshire Water (BWHW) and Ringwood and District Angling

Association is to take over joint management of the Lower Stour and Harbour from January 1.

A number of changes are to take effect from that date including changing all fishing to a ‘sports

fishery’, i.e catch and release.

Mike Rhodes, BWHW’s Property and Recreational Services Manager, said: “This is the only

practical way forward and means species are returned to the water for the benefit of both the

angler and the economy of Christchurch.

“Fishing ‘catch and release’ is practised on many major sport fisheries across the world. It is

something some fisheries need if we want to secure angling and fish stocks for future

generations.

”The option of letting anglers take the odd fish ‘for the pot’ was considered but this would have

made it difficult to bailiff. The effects of the scheme will be reviewed each year.”

The decision to designate the Lower Stour and Harbour as a ‘sports fishery’ has been

welcomed by the National Mullet Club (NMC) and Ringwood and District Angling Association

(RDAA).

Steve Smith, NMC Chairman, said its catch records indicated a steady decline in grey mullet.

He added: “The Christchurch Harbour mullet fishery is of national importance for recreational

anglers. Having urged its protection over a number of years, we are pleased to see it

safeguarded in this way.”

Peter Hutchinson, RDAA Chairman, said the association looked forward to returning the Lower

Stour and Harbour to “its once famous position in the angling world.”

“The Lower Stour requires extremely efficient bailiffing to reduce the amount of non-permit

holders poaching the water. Improved general upkeep and maintenance of this water is also

desperately required and RDAA already has plans in place to deal with these problems from

January 1,” he said.

“Christchurch Harbour also suffers and RDAA has committed to assist BWHW to reduce

poaching and illegal fishing, improving and protecting fry nursery areas and general fish stocks.

By doing so, we will be returning this harbour to one of the premier sports fisheries in the

country, both for coarse and sea species.”

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

”The option of letting anglers take the odd fish ‘for the pot’ was considered but this would have

made it difficult to bailiff. The effects of the scheme will be reviewed each year.”

Now this sounds like a total cop out to me - Oh it is!

I do question the intelligence of these people, really I do. How difficult is it to police?

"Can I take a look in your bag please sir?" "Oh, you've got one mullet - fair play."

We now know that poaching is the problem, so they have to 'bailiff' that now, 24hrs a day. That's the reason why the fish are disappearing from the river - bloody huge nets!

It's common sense really, if you stop the poaching the fish will return. I'm afraid it's not just a '2-year job' either, as soon as you stop the patrols the poachers will be back. If you catch all the current poachers and prosecute them, there will be others to step into the role. This problem has been going on for centuries all around the UK!