My Rod Restoration Project

Rusty

Hi, how is the ring whipping going on? I expect you got your new rings although sadly the best way is online whipping is certainly a dying art in this country although an almost growth art in the States with books on various and famous custom whipping styles. Are you going to put a hook ring on it?

I bet its looking fantastic...Hope you are going to sign it...I think you must as its really something to be very proud of.

From a spark a fire will flare up

English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you going to put a hook ring on it?

Good point! Why don't all rods have keeper rings? They're so useful!

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

It's all looking really good mate! Great thread and soon a great rod :thumbs:

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry there's been no progress on this lately, I've been in Sicily for the past two weeks.

It will have a keeper ring fitted, the problem I have at the moment is finding a set of chrome lined rings which includes a threaded tip ring. Tackle shops have been no good and it's difficult to be sure of what you're buying online.

I'll have to get it sorted soon, the new season isn't too far away.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Rusty let me try and have a hunt tommorow I might be able to give you a set.How many intermediates are we looking for?

That's kind of you Budgie, thank you. Six intermediates if you have some spare.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

rusty i should be able too help there ,i'll be picking up a whole load of chrome eye's ,including tip eyes not sure if any are threaded but here's the deal paul cook is giving me about 200 mixed rod eyes and other bits ,i'm too take what i need and give the rest too other Pure piscator members primarly or to whome needs them .so you can have a full set of shiny new hard chrome rings

DSCN2745.jpg

DSCN2744.jpg

DSCN2748.jpg

DSCN2750.jpg

as you can see there's plenty too spare ,i pick them up on sunday at the antique tackle fair @ redditch then i'll be sorting them into sets and bagging them up too give away ,you can have first set of either hard chrome rings or the modern type lined eyes ( i'm keeping two sets of each for me ,the rest is too be distributed out )

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve