Sky "Free to view" card

Colin Brett

Hi Colin, easiest way is to contact SKY and get one for £20 I think? You need a UK address and that is it. Otherwise try your local installer and they will usually sell you one for around £25 so adding a tiny amount on for there trouble? OR try ebay at around £40 to £60. But may not work!

If you DO get one spare please bear me in mind as I am always looking out for one myself!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

bit of a cheek really most is visible on non sky boxes anyway ,for the few that are not perhaps £20 is ok if its for life.

trouble is sky boxes are notorious for hiding anything non sky and when you do find them they are kept far from the sky epg

i can get 88 channels in the clear in english from astra ,far more if i could understand foreign ,then theres thousands that sky boxes cannot see on other satellites some even in english

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Chesters what make and model box do you have??

i have a cheap comag Sl100 HD sat box ,for a dedicated freesat box i would recommend a Humax box ,mine isnt "freesat" at all but a pukka multii satellite box not being sky or freesat it lacks the excellent EPG the others have and some channels on freesat are missing typically the Daves and fivers but my telly gets those on freeview.

If you already have Sky HD then i would plump for skys freesat but i think to record anything its a tenner a month ,mine being cheap has only one tuner but i can record if i go out ,the freeview box can record one as i watch another so most possibilities covered.

if you want to delve into the big dish multisat world i would recommend a high end dream or dark box that are linux based ,there's endless playing and err cracking with those babies ,i have a 1.6mtr dish from my old setup in the shed but no-where to put the bugger the council disprove of such sizes screwed to their houses :D

my mrs disproves of it anywhere else so i use my 80cm motorised one :black_eye:

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I'm not bothered about HD or recording as this is for use in the Republic of Ireland. The Sky box I have there at present works fine on all the free to air channels but not the free to view [Channel 5 especially] So I'm just looking for acrd really. The old one was obviously switched off when I went HD here in the UK.

Looks like I'll be calling Sky to get the £20 one if possible.

Thanks for your input everyone!!

Colin

i see sky is still up to its dirty tricks scrambling clear channels! five is in the clear to non sky boxes :rolleyes:

you may be able to get it on "add channel" transponder 10773 /H/ 22000

PID V 5400/A 5401/P 5400

dont ask me how to do it i havnt had a sky box for years but "add Channel" is about somewhere in your menus

Edited by chesters1

If it is a CHEAP SKY clone you want for ASTRA try a TRIAX box! SOLD as a Freesat box I have several here and get around 250 channels? ALL the UK channels except Fiver and Five US as they are not yet in the clear. I do believe the BBC are carrying them but only on signals in the UK itself?

I got mine from EBAY and the price is around £50 or was, but I got mine from a welsh seller fro £35 each delivered to a UK address for free. I had ALL SKY boxes and have now sold them all! Another little tip? Look for the SKY+ boxes with a DUFF power supply. The hard drive is on an 80GB box actually a 160GB drive and will fit your PC. The ones I got are Seagates and are probably worth around £20 each anyway. I paid £10 for two boxes and £1 for another, so for £11 I got myself three boxes (two still work) and fixed the third for £7 for the capacitors and am niow selling them as ORDINARY SKY boxes at €25 each!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))